• Post Thanks / Like

Edit my Letter to the Board of Directors, please.

English is not my first language. I was wondering if someone could change/edit/revise this letter so it sounds more professional. I am writing this letter to a Board of Directors so I want it to come across professionally, smooth, and error free
    Thanks in advance.

Foxford Board of Directors,

I have been a residence of Foxford since 2001. I recently married six months ago and my wife and I are looking to move into a bigger home to start a family. My wife and I do not want to sell our home and would like to rent it out instead. We are currently number two on the waiting list to rent, but due to the timing we are unable to wait. Our main reason in keeping our home is my parents will be retiring in 2-3 years and have expressed interest in buying our home. Therefore, we would like to hold the property for them so they can live closer to us. We would also like to note if we are approved to rent, we will use a Property Manager to ensure the property will be well managed and the tenant well qualified. In conclusion, we would greatly appreciate the Board's approval to rent our property.

Sincerely,
    John Doe
    Last edited by Woo; 14-Feb-2007 at 02:45. Reason: Subject more clear

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Edit my Letter to the Board of Directors, please.

Can you please clarify who's renting what ? I got a bit confused.Are you renting at the moment and looking for a bigger home to rent ? And you have another property which you wish to sell to your parents non arms length ?Please advise.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sydneysider View Post
    Can you please clarify who's renting what ? I got a bit confused.Are you renting at the moment and looking for a bigger home to rent ? And you have another property which you wish to sell to your parents non arms length ?Please advise.
    Hey, Basically I live in a community where only 20% of the homes can be rented. Currently, that 20% max has been reached. I am writing a letter to the Board of Directors in my community to allow an exception for me to rent my home.

• Post Thanks / Like

Hi Woo,

Try this:

Foxford Board of Directors,

I have been a resident of Foxford since 2001. I married six months ago and my wife and I are looking to move into a bigger home to start a family. My wife and I do not intend to sell our home and would prefer to lease it instead.
    We are currently placed number two on the waiting list for leasing , however due to the circumstances understandably we are unable to wait.
    Our main reason in keeping our home is that my parents will be retiring in two to three years time and have expressed interest to buy our home so they can live closer to us. For that reason we would like to put the sale of the property on hold until their retirement.
    Please note should approval for leasing be granted we would use the service of a reputable Property Manager to select a suitable tennant and to manage our property to the highest standard.
    We are therefore seeking the Board's approval. Your favourable consideration will be greatly appreciated.
    Yours sincerely,
    John Doe