frostyfreeze is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Would you kindly edit my paragraph, please?

The research that I did revealed to me what is the current minimum wage in Connecticut, who are the people that get minimum wage, what skills they need for their job and how many actual people are receiving minimum wage salary. At this time the minimum wage in Connecticut is $ 7.65 per hour. CM1 Connecticut is one of the 44 states that have enacted minimum wage laws; the minimum was in Connecticut is $ 2.50 greater than the current minimum wage rate of $ 5.15. There is a clause that states that the state’s minimum wage will be one half of one percent above the federal Fair Labor Standards. People working in retails, restaurants, hotels and private households as housekeepers, gardeners and etc. are usually paid minimum wage salary. Most of them are young people between 16 and 19 but there is a lot more age diversity with the years than before. The people usually paid minimum wage are women and racial minorities and they are the ones strongly affected by the change of the rate. It is interesting to mention what are the skills required for most of the minimum wage jobs and what is the actual number of people that receives minimum wage pay check in Connecticut. Most employers paying minimum wage to their workers require the person to be welcoming, friendly, polite, comfortable with dealing with customers, interested in food and have knowledge of drinks, able to remain calm under pressure, able to memorize orders, physically fit, able to work on their own and as a part of a team. It needs to be noted that there are only about two percent of the current workforce that are actually earning the minimum wage in Connecticut, compared to the federal case where 7.7 million workers would be affected of any change in the minimum wage rate. Perhaps, we should all look around and see if our family members, neighbors, or coworkers are being paid minimum wage and how they are actually surviving.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you kindly edit my paragraph, please?

Say:
    The research that I did revealed to me what the current minimum wage in Connecticut is, who the people are that get minimum wage, what skills they need for their jobs and how many people are actually receiving the minimum wage.
    ~R

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you kindly edit my paragraph, please?

Say:
    The minimum in Connecticut is $ 2.50 greater than the current federal minimum wage rate of $ 5.15.
    ~R