analyzer is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Men are different

Hello everyone,
    I wrote a summary for my english class as a exercise. My english isnīt well. But I worked hard and got better in the last year. This is my text:

The science fiction short story “Men are different“ by Alan Bloch is about a society of robots in which humans are treated like something special and ordinary.
    The humans travel through the galaxy and while stopping they leave colonies against their return. Those days went by and the only thing which remained is the idea of a divine culture.
    The archives say that human beings are the same as robots. The are build out of the same structure and even the skeleton is made the same way but only out of different materials.
    One day a robot rescues a human out of loneliness and treats him like a friend. The robot teaches him language and takes him to his home. Once the human complains of heat the robot controls the temperature and turns the human off, which causes many troubles because of the fact that human beings cant be restarted like machines.

It would be awesome if you can read through it and give a comment. What should i edit?

Thank you.
    analyzer

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Men are different

Quote Originally Posted by analyzer View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I wrote a summary for my English class as a exercise. My English isnīt well good. But I worked hard and got better in the last year. This is my text:

The science fiction short story “Men are different“ by Alan Bloch is about a society of robots in which humans are treated like something special and ordinary.Special and ordinary are opposites. You need another word instead of "ordinary"
    The humans travel through the galaxy and while stopping they leave colonies against their return. Those days went by and the only thing which remained is the idea of a divine culture. remains is OR remained was
    The archives say that human beings are the same as robots. They are built out of the same structure and even the skeleton is made the same way but only out of different materials. "They have the same basic structure" would express this better.
    One day a robot rescues a human out of loneliness and treats him like a friend. The robot teaches him language and takes him to his home. Once [When] the human complains of heat the robot controls the temperature and turns the human off, which causes many troubles because of the fact that [delete - not necessary]human beings can't be restarted like machines.

It would be awesome if you can read through it and give a comment. What should I edit?

Thank you.
    analyzer

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by analyzer
    Hello everyone,
    I wrote a summary for my English class as an exercise. My English isnīt well good. But I worked hard and got better in the last year. This is my text:
    The science fiction short story “Men are different“ by Alan Bloch is about a society of robots in which humans are treated like something special and ordinary.Special and ordinary are opposites. You need another word instead of "ordinary" (extraordinary?)The humans travel through the galaxy and while stopping they leave colonies against their return. Those days went by are gone and the only thing which remained is the idea of a divine culture. remains is OR remained was
    The archives say that human beings are the same as robots. They are built out of the same structure and even the skeleton is made the same way but only out of different materials. "They have the same basic structure" would express this better.
    One day a robot rescues a human out of from loneliness and treats him like a friend. The robot teaches him language and takes him to his home. Once [When] the human complains of heat the robot controls the temperature and turns the human off, which causes many troubles because of the fact that [delete - not necessary]human beings can't be restarted like machines.
    It would be awesome if you can read through it and give a comment. What should I edit?
    Thank you.
    analyzer
    P.S. Wanted to leave the red and blue parts but didn't manage to do that.The words in green are the ones I put in.

analyzer is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for your attention and your hopefully promoting corrections.

Thank you
    bye

Post Thanks / Like

Hello analyzer...I was re-reading the text. You can use 'these days are gone' if after you say 'and the only thing that has remained'. If you say 'the days went by' you use 'and the only thing that remained was' as anglika said.

iuuilseiies is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Analyzer, my name is Hederth, i am a 21-year-old English learner from Colombia, and i'd like to read the scifi tale "men are different" written by Alan Bloch. I have been looking for it for months . i already read the Spanish version but what i really want is the English version. I really want to read it. please if you have it send it to me, i'll be thanked.

bye
    thank you
    my e-mail is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

iuuilseiies iuuilseinot

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iuuilseiies View Post
    Hello Analyzer, my name is Hederth, i am a 21-year-old English learner from Colombia, and i'd like to read the scifi tale "men are different" written by Alan Bloch. I have been looking for it for months . i already read the Spanish version but what i really want is the English version. I really want to read it. please if you have it send it to me, i'll be thanked.

bye
    thank you
    my e-mail is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

iuuilseiies iuuilseinot
    Welcome to the forums.

This thread is a year old and I doubt that its originator is still on the forums.

This link will lead you to cheap copies of the book in which it appeared: AbeBooks: Search Results - Asimov Conklin and Short Science Fiction Tales