• Post Thanks / Like

Could I get some help with this short paragraph?

Hello, I am wondering if someone could quickly scan it over and correct some of my grammar errors. It is quite short. Thanks.

What is more, the relatives “kept shoving their children under his nose (98)” Shove is a powerful diction as it creates an image where the relatives are pushing their children violently as if they are unwanted garbage. It gives them a monster kind of quality and help to enhance the selfishness of the relatives. In Garden Place, the neighbors want to drive Mrs.Fulton out simply because “her house is bringing down the resale value of every house on this street (71)”. The approach has changed but the underlying concern is still monetary and therefore selfish since they seek to gain at other’s expense. Of course, been educated, they are aware of the selfishness of their concerns and seek to justify it through arguments like “it’s the law” (70) and “community”. Therefore, the change of setting from an uneducated rural village to an educated urban center has little effect on the selfishness of human nature.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Could I get some help with this short paragraph?

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Hello, I am wondering if someone could quickly scan it over and correct some of my grammar errors. It is quite short. Thanks.

What is more, the relatives “kept shoving their children under his nose (98)” Shove is a powerful diction as it creates an image where the relatives are pushing their children violently as if they were unwanted garbage. It gives them a monster kind of quality and helps to enhance the selfishness of the relatives. [I do not understand it]
    In Garden Place, the neighbors want to drive Mrs.Fulton out simply because “her house is bringing down the resale value of every house on this street (71)”. The approach has changed but the underlying concern is still monetary and therefore selfish since they seek to gain at other’s expense. Of course, being well-educated, they are aware of the selfishness of their concerns and seek to justify it through arguments like “it’s the law” (70) and “community”. Therefore, the change of setting from an uneducated rural community to an educated urban neighbourhood has little effect on the selfishness of human nature.
    Hi,
    I think rural village sounds like oily oil.
    I'm afraid my humble help is not sufficient. You 'll surely get more.

Regards