lynn hammond is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

sensible/sensitive

I have to teach meaning without using explination of sensible and sensitive. I may use realia mime gesture etc. not sure how or where to start any suggestions
    Last edited by lynn hammond; 20-Feb-2007 at 17:22. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sensible/sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by lynn hammond View Post
    I have to teach meaning without using explination of sensible and sensitive. I may use realia mime gesture etc. not sure how or where to start any suggestions
    Hi.

You could try the following:

For 'sensible': I would define a 'sensible' person as 'a person who thinks what he's going to do and acts with prudence, wisdom, care...'. So with mimics, try with a person thinking at a difficult situation. I can imagine a student in an exam and NOT answering quickly to the question, but thinking them for a while. Don't know if it's been a good example...

For 'sensitive': I would define it as 'emotionally, a person who is affected for a situation with pain or sorrow'; or, refering to the skin, 'a person who has a skin that suffers changes or transmits signals to the brain very easily' (for example, due to fire, cold, a needle...)

For this one, try with a needle and what would a sensitive skin do (take the arm back quickly).

Hope it is clear enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sensible/sensitive

Sensitive is the mind or bodies reaction to out side elements right.
    Maybe you can pretend to have sensitive teeth when you drink hot coffee and bit into some ice cream.
    Thatís a problem people can relate too.
    You can pretend to cry at insults. lol

If sensible is about making good choices
    You could make a character named Mr.Sensible.
    Mr Sensible never eats food off the streets
    Mr. Sensible never pets strange dogs.
    Mr. Sensible never runs into traffic or jay walks

hope that helps.