Vesper is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Pls, check & revision this!

It was cold, winter morning. When I woke up, I started to looking for my watch. When I finally found it, it showed up 7.55 a.m. On first lesson I had PO test and I couldn't was late for it. Test will start at 8.00 but I have needed 10 min. to got ready for going to school and next 15 min. to arrived there... Fortunately when I arrived to school at 8.20 and talked with teacher, he said "Everything will be ok, but you must write this test tomorrow." Next day I woke up at 7.00AM. I learned everything yesterday afternoon and I thought „I'll pass this exam for A!”. Everything changed when I saw what builders did with bridge... Their renovate it and nothing informed about that yesterday! They closed all paths and pavements. I must ran around and pass another bridge to got to school. Fortunately I was at 7.58AM in school and I passed that test for B+!

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum!
    I need help with my homework... Subject is: "The day you woke up late for an exam/test". I must use times: "simple past", "present perfect" and "past continuous"... This is my "first steps" in English and i need help with that short essay...

"PO" - "protection preparation", dunno how translate this... It's school subject in PL...
    Last edited by Vesper; 22-Feb-2007 at 21:26.

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pls, check & revision this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
    It was a cold winter morning. When I woke up, I started looking for my watch. When I finally found it, it showed 7.55 a.m. At the first lesson I had a PO test and I couldn't afford to be late for it. The test started at 8.00 but I needed 10 min. to get ready for going to school and further 15 min. to arrive there... (When I finally arrived at school my collegues were already writing the test) Fortunately, when I arrived at school at 8.20 and talked with my teacher, he said "Everything will be ok, but you must write this test tomorrow." At the next day I woke up at 7.00AM. I learned everything the day before and I thought I'll pass this exam with an A!. Everything changed when I saw what builders have done with the bridge... Their renovate it and nothing was like yesterday! They closed all paths and pavements. I had to run around and pass another bridge to get to school. Fortunately I was at school at 7.58AM and I passed that test with a B+!

Hi!

This is my first post on this forum!
    I need help with my homework... Subject is: "The day you woke up late for an exam/test". I must use times: "simple past", "present perfect" and "past continuous"... This is my "first steps" in English and i need help with that short essay...

"PO" - "protection preparation", dunno how translate this... It's school subject in PL...
    I added the sentence in the bracket because you hadn't had past continuous in use. If you will use it that way, you have to delete the part in green.

Best wishes,
    Dany