View Poll Results: Who do you model yourself on?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • Political Leader/Fighter – Mention the name

1 10.00%
  • Businessman – Mention the name

4 40.00%
  • Scientist – Mention the name

0 0%
  • Other: - Mention the name

5 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will

Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was."

REFLECTIONS ON THIS QUOTE :-

There was once a very famous motivational speaker. He had a driver who followed him to all his speaking engagements. The driver saw and heard the motivational speaker spoke so often that he knew word for word what the motivational speaker was going to say. He became an expert too. The driver told the motivational speaker that he could speak just as well. One day when the motivational speaker was not feeling well, the driver asked for a chance to speak in his place. The motivational speaker agreed and the driver went on stage confidently and gave the best motivational speech of his life. The motivational speaker was shocked because the driver spoke and moved exactly like him.

The driver got a standing ovation from the big audience at the end of his speech. After the speech, it was question time. One of the audiences asked a very difficult question. The driver knew that there was no way he could answer the question. He paused for a moment and confidently told the audience that the question was too easy for him so he will ask his driver (the motivational speaker) to answer it instead.

It is easy to be successful if you find a successful person as a mentor to follow. To be successful you have to be a good “copycat” and follow what successful people do. Let them be your role model. Follow what they do, what they believe in, how they move, how they talk, and what they think about most of the time. If they succeed in what they do, you can also have the same degree of success if you role model them.
    Successful people have developed a pattern of excellence.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will

No one in particular.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will

well Mr. Tdol, I would say that you might be hiding something because each and everybody have something inside which we say the Inspiration...so what inspires you to do your job best...to achieve....

there must be something which is keep inspiring you to do your best...

~pEaCe~

AlainK Guest

Default Re: Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you w

I voted "other":
    I'm trying to be myself, I used to have role models when i was a kid, from Tintin to Zorro, Jesus christ, Che gevara or django reinhardt. We need ideals, and we admire people, especially when we are at an age when we are looking for our true self. But I've never wanted to be like any of the people I've mentioned.
    You take people as examples, then you move to something else because you're in a process of building yourself, you burn what you once adored, and so much the better.
    I think this has no end, one never stops growing up.
    So I just want to be myself

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you w

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisage

there must be something which is keep inspiring you to do your best...

~pEaCe~
    That doesn't have to be an individual or role model.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one should firstly find out what he/she really wants.And then ,learn what you require from successful persons.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly, I highly appreciated all your post. The reason of sending this story was just to motivate or inspire people to look at other people who are successful in their lives and serving the society.

~pEaCe~

JACOOL is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Saudi Arabia
      • Current Location:
      • Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

well, an interesting discussion, what I think is, having someone to look up to, to inspire you dosen't mean you wouldn't or couldn't be yourself, maybe you wouldn't be able to be a- 100%- like that person, there has to be some difference, any way for me I think I've many, according to...um what kind of things I'm doing

Mad-ox is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Hungarian
      • Home Country:
      • Romania
      • Current Location:
      • Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=nemesisage;102730]Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was."
    QUOTE]
    Who this quote belongs to???