• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i need help

hi every body .i have a probleme concerning my english .well im 2year in english department at the university .i can read and write perfactly .i have a good pronounciation and a little bit grammar mistake.I understand people when they are talking .the probleme is that i can not answer for a question immediatly that is i have a probleme to talk to people face to face .i mean to find the exact word for my comment . pls im waiting for your request

mahmutozkan is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: i need help

Hi Khaleed,
    This is one of the commonest problems of learners of English throughout the world. Relax, you are not alone. One of my teachers told me that 'One must be exposed to the target language in order to speak in it.' You should bare in mind that you must try to speak wherever or whenever you are. When you are alone, you can translate your ideas or whatever you see into English...
    Don't ever give up!
    Good luck

coolteen is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

i've the same problem

i need your advice to improve my self

regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khaleed View Post
    hi every body .i have a probleme concerning my english .well im 2year in english department at the university .i can read and write perfactly .i have a good pronounciation and a little bit grammar mistake.I understand people when they are talking .the probleme is that i can not answer for a question immediatly that is i have a probleme to talk to people face to face .i mean to find the exact word for my comment . pls im waiting for your request
    i think its very common among us especially non english speaking
    country. sometimes its so difficult to answer immediately the
    question without thinking first what to say and how to say it!
    but as long as the thought is there i think its okey.
    :)

khaleed is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

hi every body im so happy for your advice and support .all what you have said is right .i should improve my english through my personal life as Mahmutozgan said.its very good idea. thank alots .

mouhibe is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

hi khaleed,
    I am quite sure your English will improve if you keep watching some american/British films.By listening to authentic English you will foster your listening skills and thus your speech too!
    good luck
    Mostafa, Morocco

Post Thanks / Like

Hi K ,

Actually , I don`t have different answer to whom before me . But, I really agree with them that most of English learners ( or other languages) face the same problem . So , I respect their opinions .

Just keep going bro .

Bankbuddy is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a suggestion that may work sometimes. Your mind needs a few seconds or longer to think of the words. It is common and acceptable many times to repeat the question you have been asked. Here is an example:
    Q: What is the problem with that machine, is it broken or something?"
    A: Oh, this machine, you think there is something wrong with it, maybe it is broken you think. I hear a sound, too. Maybe the belt is loose?"

Maybe that is not a great example, but I hope you get the idea. You have a brief moment to focus on the question, which gives you a moment to gain the words for the response. Hey, if it works will you tell me?

khaleed is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. thanks ROBPIOLI for your request. well what you have said about the way i can gain more time to answer for a question during an interview or in my talk in general is so good. It does work. My prob was with vocabulary. To choose a perfect word to answer for someone well i need to improve my reading and i think this is one of the clues to face people directly. Well now thanks to god that i have the ability to talk without hesitation. thanks alot for your help.