Thread: help needed

rainhue is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation help needed

I have been hired to tutor two kids in english. I want to give them a spelling test each week. Can you please suggest two suitable spelling lists for the kids? They are aged 9 and 11 but i want to be stricter with them so can you please provide slighty more difficult words ? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help needed

Quote Originally Posted by rainhue View Post
    I have been hired to tutor two kids in english. I want to give them a spelling test each week. Can you please suggest two suitable spelling lists for the kids? They are aged 9 and 11 but i want to be stricter with them so can you please provide slighty more difficult words ? Thanks.
    Hi Rainhue. It is hard to suggest a spelling test based purely on age. What matters is their ability level rather than their age.

I am in Singapore, and teach regularly. If you want some advice about materials/sources feel free to PM me.
    Last edited by Andrew Whitehead; 25-Feb-2007 at 11:34.

rainhue is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: help needed

thanks but im still a new member so i cant PM you. then kids im teaching are in P3 and P5. To be truthful, i had a hard time converting those numbers to age. im also from Singapore, diff is , im born here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: help needed

Quote Originally Posted by rainhue View Post
    thanks but im still a new member so i cant PM you. then kids im teaching are in P3 and P5. To be truthful, i had a hard time converting those numbers to age. im also from Singapore, diff is , im born here
    I know you are from Singapore, that is why I mentioned it!

P3 should be able to handle most 'everyday' words, meaning you can have a conversation without them asking for meanings.

P5 should be able to understand roots, prefixes and suffixes, meaning that they understand 'auto-' or 'anti-' for instance.

I didn't know that being new stopped PM, but I will PM you so you can reply, and maybe offer more specific advice.