Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scale Unit / Degree

Hallo,

I am a little bit confused right now. This morning I listened to an English radio sender, and as they talked about the weather here in Germany they said that we had 42 degrees . I don't know, maybe they measured in the desert instead of Germany, but on my thermometer there were only 6 degrees.

Do you have other scale units?
    I am also confused about your other measure units like your weight or your size But in the meantime I know that when someone said that they have a weigt of 200 that this are not kilogram

svartnik is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Scale Unit / Degree

Quote Originally Posted by Dany View Post
    Hallo,

I am a little bit confused right now. This morning I listened to an English radio sender, and as they talked about the weather here in Germany they said that we had 42 degrees . I don't know, maybe they measured in the desert instead of Germany, but on my thermometer there were only 6 degrees.

Do you have other scale units?
    I am also confused about your other measure units like your weight or your size But in the meantime I know that when someone said that they have a weigt of 200 that this are not kilogram
    The term degree is used in several scales of temperature. The symbol is usually used, followed by the initial letter of the unit, for example C for degree(s) Celsius. (For temperature differences, the usage is sometimes reversed; then 100 C, or "100 Celsius degrees", is a temperature difference, while 100 C, or "100 degrees Celsius", is an actual temperature.) Scales of temperature include:

degree Celsius (C)
    degree Delisle (De)
    degree Fahrenheit (F)
    degree Newton (N)
    degree Rankine (R or Ra)
    degree Raumur (R)
    degree Rmer (R)
    degree Kelvin (K)
    This degree Kelvin (K) is a former name for the SI unit of temperature on the thermodynamic (absolute) temperature scale. Since 1967 it has been known simply as the kelvin, with symbol K.
    degree absolute (A) is obsolete terminology, often referring specifically to the kelvin but sometimes the degree Rankine as well

[edit] Degree symbol

Degree (temperature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Dany is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Scale Unit / Degree

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation