Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    catwoman66 is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Any Celta trainees?

Hi, I'm in the middle of my Celta Course at the moment is their anyone else out there doing theirs? Or anyone who has already finished...

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Celta trainees?

Guilty, yer Honour. I did mine last Spring. If you're half-way through it, how do you find the time to visit this forum? Good luck.

b

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Any Celta trainees?

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Guilty, yer Honour. I did mine last Spring. If you're half-way through it, how do you find the time to visit this forum? Good luck.
    b
    Exactly! I don't have time, probably why I made an awful spelling mistake, good grief don't tell my tutor she'd kill me lol by the way another thing I noticed is that you're from the south east, not from Kent?I might know you

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope - Berkshire (via London and Cambridge) - and I scarcely noticed the spello (well, I did, but only to think 'that's the sort of thing I do all the time').

b

lowhead is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Catwoman 66 - I undertook my CELTA as an intensive course in January last year....intensive being the operative word. I am closer to 100 than I am to 1 and found it quite a challenge. Having stuck at it when all seemed lost, it has opened many doors for me and I am now enjoying the fruits of all those late nights, early mornings and long hours struggling!!! (One upside is that I feel younger mixing with younger students and they are grateful for the worldly experience age brings to the classroom) Stick at it and Good luck

fabsara is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Any Celta trainees?

I'm also doing a CELTA here in Budapest. It took me a few reads before I spotted the typo so don't feel too bad. It's pretty intense heh? I feel as though I could do with an extra 12 hours every day. I have just finished my first week and we had to work Sat as well because next week is a national holiday here. So I've done 3 assessed lesson pre-int level, and 2 non-assessed. We have just 1 day off before it's back to my next lesson and the assignment has to be in.....AAARRRGGGHHH! The only reason I have time to post here is because I'm alone in the school trying to get all my photocopying done while the machine is still working (things have a tendency to be both busy and unreliable the morning before the lessons).
    Good luck to you though, I'm sure both of us will get there in the end... after all, whats 1 month sacrafice for a new career?

dyrgutt is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Could someone give me a rundown on what CELTA entails from a students point of view ~ preferably without dramatization. Basically, what is expected of you, and what makes it so challenging? Thanks in advance.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a lot to get into four weeks so that the school offering the course can tick all the boxes. Different schools are more rigorous than others, but even the minimum (as far as box-ticking is concerned) involves a lot of effort on the part of both students and tutors. There are written assignments (done at home), classes (every morning in my case) and observed teaching practice to plan and prepare for. You'll be working 6 or 7 days a week and not seeing much TV.

b

Post Thanks / Like

Hi (and by the way I'm doing Celta over 6 months) I am now on the last month, and with a family and part-time newish teaching job no way could I have done it in a month. Nevertheless over 6 months is demanding enough for me there's so much information to take in at once, although half way through the course things started to make sense. As someone else pointed out the are 4 assignments to complete and tp (teaching practice). Summed up in a nutshell demanding but worth it, I have learned so much, and my confidence has soared. cat

Post Thanks / Like

I have a breather at last, my last lesson is next Friday, I am near to exhaustion, but glad I did the thing, cat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast