Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kutekool_22 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Your next assignment is to briefly describe the weather in Karachi over the last few days. Has it been rainy? Sunny? Cloudy? Windy? Has the weather been enjoyable?

:)
    Once again thank you RonBee.
    Regards,

kutekool_22 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    Your next assignment is to briefly describe the weather in Karachi over the last few days. Has it been rainy? Sunny? Cloudy? Windy? Has the weather been enjoyable?

Regards,
    "KARACHI WEATHER"
    The weather in Karachi for the last few days is kind of hot, itís sunny. Especially during the day time itís too hot here but the evenings are windy. As a native Pakistani I wonít say one can enjoy here during the day time but yes eveningís are enjoyable.
    In Karachi winter are for a short period but of enjoyable. Rainy and cloudy weather are usually in the month from June to August and are enjoyable as well.
    Usually the weather of Karachi is moderate through all not too cold nor hot but now a days summer has started.

once again I look forward for you ah this time not reply but i may say correction
    TC,

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regards,
    "KARACHI WEATHER"
    The weather in Karachi for the last few days is kind of hot, itís sunny. Especially during the day time itís too hot here but the evenings are windy. As a native Pakistani I wonít say one can enjoy here during the day time but yes eveningís are enjoyable.
    In Karachi winter are for a short period but of enjoyable. Rainy and cloudy weather are usually in the month from June to August and are enjoyable as well.
    Usually the weather of Karachi is moderate through all not too cold nor hot but now a days summer has started.

once again I look forward for you ah this time not reply but i may say correction
    TC,
    That's not bad, but I do have a few suggestions for changes. For the first sentence, try:
    • The weather in Karachi for the last few days has been hot and sunny.

For the second sentence, try:
    • Especially during the daytime itís too hot here, but the evenings are cool.

When you use but you have to contradict what came before in some way.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"KARACHI WEATHER"

TC,
    Third sentence:
    • As a native Pakistani I wonít say one can enjoy here during the day time but yes eveningís are enjoyable.

Revision:
    • As a native Pakistani I wonít say one can enjoy the weather here during the daytime, but evenings are enjoyable.

As you can see, I didn't change much there, but especially note the change to evenings.
    Fourth sentence:
    • In Karachi winter are for a short period but of enjoyable.

Revision:
    • In Karachi, winters are brief and mild.

For weather that is not severe, for weather that is not too hot and not too cold we usually say mild.
    Fifth sentence:
    • Rainy and cloudy weather are usually in the month from June to August and are enjoyable as well.

Revision:
    • The months of June, July and August are the rainy season here. I like the rain, so I enjoy that season.

Since clouds come with rain you don't really need to mention cloudy. Also, since enjoyment is subjective I decided to personalize that somewhat. What do you think? :)
    Sixth sentence:
    • Usually the weather of Karachi is moderate through all not too cold nor hot but now a days summer has started.

Revision:
    • Usually the weather in Karachi is mild--not too hot and not too cold--but summer has started, so we are expecting some hot days ahead.

What do you think? Any questions?

(Next you might want to talk about life in Karachi in general. If I were a visitor to Karachi what would be good for me to know about the place ahead of time?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2