• Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: homework

Hi, Huda!
    I hope you are fine and you are still interested in homework. You know some teachers have very old-fashioned methods of teaching and they make their children learn new words by heart to write a dictation at the lesson or they give them a lot of exercises in grammar. We all know how such hometasks are done. One very good pupil writes it and all the others copy it.
    A couple of days ago I published a survey in our school newspaper about homework. About 100 pupils answered those questions and what is interesting most of them consider such homeworks boring. 50% of the pupils say that they mostly learn English only in class and when they communicate with their friends in the forum. You know we have started a forum in my homepage. It's only the beginning and not all of them have registered but I feel most of them visit it and read the materials of the forum. An intersting homework! So they have no homework in high school. They have so many lessons to do in different subjects that they simply have no time to write something. I would be very happy to hear from you!

Post Thanks / Like

hi Harry , how are you ? ,sorry for being late in replying, of course i'm still intersted in homework because i'm a teacher and i want to feel that my Ss are making a progress in English . An online forum is a very effective technique for students while doing homework and i visit your forum and i find it very interesting .and i praise this kind of work because really this is what makes teaching and learning an enjoyable process.

thank you

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huda23 View Post
    hi Harry , how are you ? ,sorry for being late in replying, of course i'm still intersted in homework because i'm a teacher and i want to feel that my Ss are making a progress in English . An online forum is a very effective technique for students while doing homework and i visit your forum and i find it very interesting .and i praise this kind of work because really this is what makes teaching and learning an enjoyable process.

thank you
    Yes, I agree with you. Here in this forum a lot of people improve their English. I don't mean students only. Teachers confess it gives them a lot of links and new ideas. At the moment I'm working on a project concerning hometasks. If I find anything intersting I'll write you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3