Post Thanks / Like

Default a theme or characteristic

thread = a theme or characteristic running throughout a situation or piece of writing

Please explain this

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: a theme or characteristic

Hello gary, I've been following your thread and I think the keyword here is 'to weave'

weave /wiv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[weev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, wove or, esp. for 5, 9, weaved; wo·ven or wove; weav·ing; noun
    –verb (used with object) 1. to interlace (threads, yarns, strips, fibrous material, etc.) so as to form a fabric or material.
    2. to form by interlacing threads, yarns, strands, or strips of some material: to weave a basket; to weave cloth.
    3. to form by combining various elements or details into a connected whole: to weave a tale; to weave a plan.
    4. to introduce as an element or detail into a connected whole (usually fol. by in or into): She wove an old folk melody into her latest musical composition.
    5. to direct or move along in a winding or zigzag course; move from side to side, esp. to avoid obstructions: to weave one's way through traffic.
    –verb (used without object) 6. to form or construct something, as fabric, by interlacing threads, yarns, strips, etc.
    7. to compose a connected whole by combining various elements or details.
    8. to be or become formed or composed from the interlacing of materials or the combining of various elements: The yarn wove into a beautiful fabric.
    9. to move or proceed in a winding course or from side to side: dancers weaving in time to the music.
    –noun 10. a pattern of or method for interlacing yarns.

Edit: I hadn't seen this post http://www.usingenglish.com/forum/as...93-thread.html