Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Unregistered Guest

    Mr. Mrs. Ms. etc

    What do you call the part of speech for words like Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc. that appear before a person's name? Surname? Title?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Mrs. Ms. etc

    I think most people refer to this as the "Title"

  3. #3
    mindy1980 is offline Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Mr. Mrs. Ms. etc

    These are called honorifics, which are titles or terms of respect. Dr., Prof., etc. are also examples.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts