Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this small paragraph right?

Hi there,

I'm doing some homework about Luther King for the university and I would like to know if there are any mistakes in this paragraph that I've already written.

Thanks

"I think that Martin Luther King cites contemporary and historical figures to support his arguments.
    This is because an analogy is traceable between King and the personalities he mentions because of the issues they faced. Socrates, Reinhold Niebuhr, St. Augustine, Martin Buber and so on, they all reported the injustices of their societies and defended their believes beyond the consequences.
    In addition, some of them were pastors or ministries of the church, as King himself"

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is this small paragraph right?

Quote Originally Posted by silviasabater_2000 View Post
    Hi there,

I'm doing some homework about Luther King for the university and I would like to know if there are any mistakes in this paragraph that I've already written.

Thanks

"I think that Martin Luther King cites contemporary and historical figures to support his arguments.
    This is because an analogy is traceable between King and the personalities he mentions because [avoid using this twice in the same sentence - find another way of expressing this] of the issues they faced. Socrates, Reinhold Niebuhr, St. Augustine, Martin Buber and so on, they all reported the injustices of their societies and defended their believes [this is the verb - you want the noun : beliefs] beyond the consequences.
    In addition, some of them were pastors or ministries [ministers have ministries] of the church, as King himself [you need a verb here]"