Post Thanks / Like

A tool which analyses passive/active vocab, modal verbs...

I am looking for a tool which could analyse a sentence in regards of grammar features- active/ passive vocab, types of sentencs, modal verbs, conditionals. I need more than Advanced text analyser (more than lexical density, gog index). Does anyone know where I can find that? I would be extremely grateful

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A tool which analyses passive/active vocab, modal verbs...

Fifteen for zero

I have a sneaking suspicion that there's no such creature -- and boy, if there were, I'd buy one!! Consider the grammar check facility on Microsoft. It's so dumb that any of the teachers on this site could out-grammar-check it if they . . . had nothing better to do with their lives.

Language is evilly complex -- that's what makes a site like this so groovy: only those humans are clever enough to get language right.

I'll be pleased to hear how you fare.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A tool which analyses passive/active vocab, modal verbs...

What you are looking for definitely does exist, but you'll have to search for "Transformational Grammar" Software. For you convenience, the link above will give you that search.

Be aware that much of this kind of software can be quite expensive, so you'll have to carefully explore what is available that best fits your specific needs.

Good luck!