Thread: translation

moroccan girl Guest

Default translation

hello hw r u. i want some help concerning translation coz i'm studying english/arabic & arabic /english translation . i dnt find enough material this is why i'm looking for effective websites whether abt theoritical or practical translation.and any tips on how to improve my translation in general will be very welcomed.thx in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: translation

Quote Originally Posted by moroccan girl View Post
    hello hw r u. i want some help concerning translation coz i'm studying english/arabic & arabic /english translation . i dnt find enough material this is why i'm looking for effective websites whether abt theoritical or practical translation.and any tips on how to improve my translation in general will be very welcomed.thx in advance.
    The first thing you'll need to do is to improve your written venacular. I have re-written your post, correcting the myriad of mistakes.

ALL English sentences begin with capital letters. There are NO exceptions to this rule, even when writing online.

Secondly, the pronoun "I" is ALWAYS capitalized.

In English, the names of people, the names of most places and the names of some things are to be capitalized. "The deserts of Saudi Arabia have miles and miles of sand dunes." "My father lived for a year in the Gobi Desert."
    "Did Andrea take the books to the local library?" "No, she took them to the Midtown Law Library."
    "This website provides assistance for Arabic speakers who wish to improve their English."

Your very first sentence is an interrogative, therefore, its proper punctuation should be a question mark.

You should be careful how, when, where and why you use abbreviations. If you want to be cool, hip, with it, in the 'in-crowd'; go ahead and use them like you've done here. However, if you want to be taked seriously as a writer, use them much more sparingly.

Your use of punctuation within, between and and after sentences could use some work. Here are some simple rules:

At the end of sentences, there are to be two spaces following the final punctuation mark, preceding the next sentence. (NOTE: some websites, such as this one, default to a single space after a period, so you will not be able to override this when typing online.)

The most abused punctuation in English is the comma; either for overuse, misuse, or lack of use. You have managed to commit all three of these errors in your post.

Try this instead:

Hello, how are you? I would like some help concerning translation because I'm studying English/Arabic & Arabic /English translation. I don't find enough material, which is why I'm looking for effective websites; whether about theoritical translation or practical translation, and any tips on how to improve my translation in general would be very much welcomed.
    Thank you in advance.

moroccan girl Guest

Thank u so much.

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, the irony of that simple statement...

moroccan girl Guest

Hello again. Can anyone help me with translation. If not it's ok

Post Thanks / Like

Default Translation Assistance.

I'm perfectly willing to help you.

Isn't that what I evidenced in my original answer to you?

moroccan girl Guest

Thank u so much. I really liked the way in which u corrected my mistakes. And I'm still new in this forum, this is why I'm not fully aware of how it functions.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moroccan girl View Post
    Thank you so much. I really liked the way in which you corrected my mistakes. And I'm still new in this forum, this is why I'm not fully aware of how it functions.

moroccan girl Guest

Thank you for your observations.