• Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Asking for information (FCE exam)

Learn to ski (classes for children?) at the White Mountain Ski Resort in the most beautiful part of Switzerland. Learn the basics with our instructors in just three lessons. Small classes (how many people?). All rooms have a TV and open fire. Evening entertainment (what exactly) provided.

In the brackets there are the notes I have made for myself and I must use them in my letter and here is a list of things I must mention in my letter as well.

Must go in first two weeks of January.
    Need to bring own skis? Can we hire?
    Instructors speak in English?
    Separate bathroom with the rooms?

Could you please check this?

Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your advertisement in “The Times”, I am writing to ask for more information about the White Mountain Ski Resort.

First of all, I would like to know if you have any vacancies in first two weeks of January. We are a family of four, and we would like to stay in two rooms. I would also like to know if you have a separate bathroom with the rooms.

Could you also give me some more information about the classes? I would be grateful if you could tell me how many people there are in the classes. As we have two children, are there any classes for children? I would also like to know if we need to bring own skis or we can hire them, and if instructors can speak English.

Finally, I would like to know what sort of entertainment is available, and if there is any entertainment for children.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
    Peter Petrov.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Asking for information (FCE exam)

Mostly looks fine - but : I would also like to know if you have a separate [ensuite] bathrooms with the rooms.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Mostly looks fine - but : I would also like to know if you have a separate [ensuite] bathrooms with the rooms.
    Hey, that’s what I can’t understand properly. I even opened a new thread to find out the meaning of this phrase - separate bathroom with the rooms - yesterday but nobody has explained this to me yet. Take a look at my previous post called separate bathroom with the rooms. Maybe you know

• Post Thanks / Like

What I said - the usual term will be "ensuite bathrooms" - bathrooms accessed only from the rooms to which they are attached.

"Separate bathrooms" would refer to bathrooms that are not solely for the use of the room, but can be accessed by other guests.