• Post Thanks / Like

Post How to remove hesitation

Respected Sir,

You suggested that you should not be afraid of speaking before others but Sir I were able to speak others that I did not ask you the question. One of the most scary things ever in my life is to speak a language other than mother language before others. I requested for the same through this forum but in reply I have asked to speak without fear.

Please give me the way out and step down some important points.

Because I know once I get started then english learning will be great fun for me.

Gaurav
    Last edited by disciple.gaurav; 28-Mar-2007 at 10:41. Reason: The message was incomplete

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to remove hesitation

Practise speaking alone- talk to youself at home to build up your confidence. Then try to arrange to speak to someone in a non-professional situation and get used to doing it before speaking in professional situations. Ultimately, you have to overcome the fear, so fight it. I am learning Khmer at the moment. I started with nothing and speak it badly now, but I can make myself understood, so I am not afraid. The fear is in your mind- when you are speaking a foreign language, you are doing the hard work, not the listener. Above all, keep trying.