Thread: voted out

Post Thanks / Like

Default voted out

Woolmer was often heard telling journalists that "I feel more comfortable in public places."

"You don't know how those people (bookmakers) will react" and added that someone might be upset at the news (about match-fixing) and take it out on him.

In his last interview, Woolmer had claimed to have rejected a 125,000 bribe to fix a match in Mumbai in 1996 when he was coach of South Africa. "I've never betted on anything in my life. It was voted out handsomely. The players shoved it aside. What we did not know was that he (then South African captain Hanse Cronje) took money," Woolmer had told the paper.

Please tell the meaning of bolden phrasal verbs which suits in this context.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: voted out

someone might be upset at the news (about match-fixing) and take it out on him. A person who was upset about the match-fixing might try and do something unpleasant to Woolmer in retaliation.

"I've never betted on anything in my life. It was voted out handsomely. The players shoved it aside. The team supported him whole-heartedly in his stand that he was not involved in betting or taking bribes.