• Post Thanks / Like

Pls help, thanks

Hi, below is my second essay, pls help to correct it.
    Thanks!

Why I Still Live In The City?
    Even though I am making a living in the biggest city of China, I still wonder why I come and stay here with high pressure from my life, I wonder why I still love to take a course by a course and never feel tired, I wonder why I am intereted in what I created.
    Why did I come and stay here? I was born in the quiet countryside and grew up along with the clean rivers and fresh air. After graduating from the middle school, I came to the city and studied in a university. I gradually adapted myself to the city life and love the opportunity which is always much easier to be obtained than it in the countryside. I was obsorbed in the competitions and the feelings when I completed one of approaches. So, after finishing all the courses in the university and getting my first job in the city, I soon got a promotion as my hard working.
    City life is really hard for me because of my departure from my birthplace, I have to create so many things to meet the basic requirements of my life, such as buying a house to satify the need of living, working hard to earn much more money, taking a lot course to meet the requirments of my job and even to get a high position with a higher salaries. I always feel that the time is not enough for me, but I do really not think it is boring, contrarily, I am happy to creat it.
    So the life in city is both hard and interesting for me because I want to be succeeded in the following way. When I watch what I have done, it always make sense for me, then I stay and will stay in city and face to every problems in my future.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pls help, thanks

Why I Still Live In The City?- Either remove the question mark or put 'do' in.
    why I come and stay- tense
    with high pressure from my life- under all this pressure
    to take a course by a course- unclear
    intereted- spelling
    what I created- what do you mean by this?

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pls help, thanks

Thanks, Tdol, I have edited it, could you pls check it again

Quote Originally Posted by wuwei View Post
    Hi, below is my second essay, pls help to correct it.
    Thanks!

Why Do I Still Live In The City?
    Even though I am making a living in the biggest city of China, I still wonder why I come(came) and stay(stayed) here with(under) high pressure from my life, I wonder why I still love to take a course by a course(so many training to promote myself) and never feel tired, I wonder why I am intereted(interested) in what I created(Here I mean the things what I own and will own with my efforts, could you tell me the exact expression).
    Why did I come and stay here? I was born in the quiet countryside and grew up along with the clean rivers and fresh air. After graduating from the middle school, I came to the city and studied in a university. I gradually adapted myself to the city life and love the opportunity which is always much easier to be obtained than it in the countryside. I was obsorbed in the competitions and the feelings when I completed one of approaches. So, after finishing all the courses in the university and getting my first job in the city, I soon got a promotion as my hard working.
    City life is really hard for me because of my departure from my birthplace, I have to create so many things to meet the basic requirements of my life, such as buying a house to satify the need of living, working hard to earn much more money, taking a lot course to meet the requirments of my job and even to get a high position with a higher salaries. I always feel that the time is not enough for me, but I do really not think it is boring, contrarily, I am happy to creat it.
    So the life in city is both hard and interesting for me because I want to be succeeded in the following way. When I watch what I have done, it always make sense for me, then I stay and will stay in city and face to every problems in my future.