• Post Thanks / Like

endorsement or authorisation by Cambridge

Material on these pages is copyright Cambridge University Press or reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. It may be downloaded and printed for personal reference, but not otherwise copied, altered in any way or transmitted to others (unless explicitly stated otherwise) without the written permission of Cambridge University Press. Hypertext links to other Web locations are for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement or authorisation by Cambridge University

[I know meanings of all the words in the highlighted sentence] but I couldn't understand the meaning of the sentence.

So, could anyone rephrase the highlighted sentence so that I can understand it?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: endorsement or authorisation by Cambridge

Hypertext links to other Web locations are for the convenience of users and do not constitute any endorsement or authorisation by Cambridge University
    Allow me:

"The links to the other websites are for the convenience of users. (The links are provided so that it's is useful for the users). This doesn't mean that Cambridge University endorses (If you endorse someone or something, you say publicly that you support or approve of them) any of the content provided in those websites."

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Noego View Post
    Allow me:

"The links to the other websites are for the convenience of users. (The links are provided so that it's is useful for the users). This doesn't mean that Cambridge University endorses (If you endorse someone or something, you say publicly that you support or approve of them) any of the content provided in those websites."
    Thank you.

I have almost got it.

Except the word `authorisation'.

Could you tell me, what they mean `authorisation' here?

• Post Thanks / Like

"Authorisation" = Someone tells you that you are permitted to do something, usually in writing as it is a legal matter.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Authorize: (v.)
    "If someone in a position of authority authorizes something, they give their official permission for it to happen."

In this context it basically means that Cambridge University doesn't give any authorizations about the websites they are providing links to.