Post Thanks / Like

Default conducted in, as if in a clinic

clinical = relating to a clinic or conducted in or as if in a clinic and depending on direct observation of patients.

I think clinical has three meanings in the above text.

I understood first meaning. But I couldn't understand the second meaning (conducted in), and third meaning (as if..........direct observation of meanings).

Moreover, I think here `direct observation of patients' means (complied with patients)

Could you help me on this?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: conducted in, as if in a clinic

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    clinical = relating to a clinic or conducted in or as if in a clinic and depending on direct observation of patients.

I think clinical has three meanings in the above text.

I understood first meaning. But I couldn't understand the second meaning (conducted in), and third meaning (as if..........direct observation of meanings).

Moreover, I think here `direct observation of patients' means (complied with patients)

Could you help me on this?
    "clinical observation"
    1: observation/study of a patient that relates to a specific clinic (obstetric, renal, oncology .....)
    2: observation/study of a patient that took place within a clinic
    3: observation/study of a patient, not necessarily within a clinic, made with the guidelines and care required within the clinic.

Any of these must require the patient's agreement and compliance. The last is that the patient is not in fact in the clinic.