Unregistered dude Guest

Question Couple expressions I can't handle

I have a question. Or two. If I say "according to industry's terms", do I need an article before "industry", for example 'the'? Or can I even say it like that, when I mean that someone should work in business as the business works? I have also another one here...

"The nature reserve law states it's forbidden to have wild animals as pets". I was wondering can I say pets or should I say "to have wild animals as a pet" or should I change the whole thing into "to have a wild animal as a pet". I'm starting to doubt everything here.

P.S. "If you happen to say something once in a while". How could I make some sense to that? I should somehow make it sure that people would understand that someone has been mean to someone and he's referring to himself there and is like "well, if you happen to say something once in a while" like it's not a big deal. Is that an ok thing to say?

Thanks if someone can help. P.S. It's not my homework

p.s.2. "In these cares President X too found his line". Some dudes are fishing, and I should express somehow that Mr. X was fishing while ...um...something. Well thanks.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Couple expressions I can't handle

"according to industry's terms", If this is referring to industry in general, then no article is required. If it is referring to a specific industry, then the article is required.

"The nature reserve law states it's forbidden to have wild animals as pets". Correct as it stands - general statement. If the statement was "The nature reserve law states that it is forbidden to have a wild animal as a pet", the articles are needed.