zaaneetka is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need sb to check my letter. please.

Hi all,

I need sb (a teacher?) to have a look at my letter. I study English philology but I have doubts about the constrution and grammar. Could anyone help mebecause it must be a good letter? The topic is' Writing instructions' and you have to imagine that you are my grandmother and u use an email for the first time :)

When you have your computer running..

• Use the blue, oval, little thing with cable which you can see on the table (it is called ‘A MOUSE’). Here are two buttons on the top of it, one on the left and one on the right. You must press once the LEFT button on it. The mouse has a little arrow, so that when you move it, the arrow moves too.
    • On the big screen in front of you (similar to TV set) you can see many different illustrations. Look through them and try to find one entitled “MOZILLA FIREFOX”.If you find it, move the arrow of the mouse to it and press the left button TWICE on the MOUSE.
    • The website is now open . On the top of the page you can see a long, free space where you must write the address of the page you want to obtain e.g Wirtualna Polska - www.wp.pl . You do this by using the rectangular box with many keys. Then you must find on the box one button entitled ‘ENTER’ and press it once.
    • If the page is open, on the left you can see some illustrations. One of them (the FIRST one) is entitled “POCZTA”. Click on it only once, using MOUSE.
    • The next page is open. Then you have to write your LOGIN and HASŁO, that your granddaugther gave you and click on ZALOGUJ
    • Your post is now open. You must click on NAPISZ. Here you can find some free spaces, as well.On the first one (called DO) you should write email: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead
    • If you want to do this sign @, you must find a button entitled SHIFT on the flat box in front of you and then a button which shows number 2 on the top line and then press them both together ;) DONE.
    • To write something you have press the keys on the box, as well. You will be able to drop somebody a line if you use the biggest area in front of you on the screen. Here you can use your imagination and write whatever you wish to. J
    • When you have finished writing , press WYSLIJ at the bottom of the website.
    • Everything. WELL DONE J

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need sb to check my letter. please.

Quote Originally Posted by zaaneetka View Post
    Hi all,

I need sb (a teacher?) to have a look at my letter. I study English philology but I have doubts about the constrution and grammar. Could anyone help mebecause it must be a good letter? The topic is' Writing instructions' and you have to imagine that you are my grandmother and u use an email for the first time :)

When you have your computer running..
    • Put your hand on the blue, oval, little thing with cable which you can see on the table (it is called ‘A MOUSE’). There are two buttons on the top of it, one on the left and one on the right. You must press the LEFT button on it once. On the big screen in front of you (similar to TV set) you should see a little arrow. The mouse uses the little arrow, so that when you move the mouse, the arrow moves too.
    • On the screen you can see many different illustrations. Look through them and try to find one entitled “MOZILLA FIREFOX”. When you find it, move the arrow of the mouse to it and press the left button TWICE.
    • The website is now open. On the top of the page you can see a long,empty space where you must write the address of the page you want to obtain e.g Wirtualna Polska - www.wp.pl . You do this by using the rectangular box with many keys (which is the keyboard) to type the address in the space. Then you must find on the keyboard a button entitled ‘ENTER’ and press it once.
    • When the page is open, on the left you can see some illustrations. One of them (the FIRST one) is entitled “POCZTA”. Click on it only once, using MOUSE.
    • The next page is open. Then you have to write your LOGIN and HASŁO, which your granddaughter gave you, and click on ZALOGUJ
    • Your post is now open. You must click on NAPISZ. Here you will find some more free spaces. On the first one (called DO) you should write email: EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead
    • If you want to use this sign: @, you must find a button entitled SHIFT on the keyboard in front of you and then a button which shows number 2 on the top line and then press them both together ;) DONE.
    • Now, to write a message, you must move the arrow down to the biggest empty space on the screen and click once. Here you can use your imagination and write whatever you wish to, using the keyboard. J
    • When you have finished writing , press WYSLIJ at the bottom of the website.
    • Everything is completed. WELL DONE J
    I've made a number of changes - hope they are ok. When trying to instruct older people, the instructions must be very clear, and logical.

zaaneetka is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need sb to check my letter. please.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I've made a number of changes - hope they are ok. When trying to instruct older people, the instructions must be very clear, and logical.

Thanks a lot :)))