Post Thanks / Like

Post could someone correct my topic?

Hi,

I've written this topic about rock and led zeppelin, It's only a sketch but I would appreciate if someone could correct it:

--
    My favourite kind of music is light rock, as this kind uses the electric guitar by way that it is not too much aggressive neither too much soft.

In my opinion the best group who plays this kind is “Led Zeppelin”.

The band was founded by Jimmy Page, the guitarist, in 1968. The other group members was Robert Plan, the singer, James Blandwin (nickname John Paul Jones), the bassist and keyboardist, and John Bonham, the drummer.

The band broke up in 1980 just when this last died.

Perhaps, had he not died, the group would be still in activity.

My favourite Led Zeppelin's songs are “Stairway to heaven” and “Dazed and Confused” live version, played at the Madison Square Garden in 1973. About “stairway to heaven” last years “total guitar”, a music magazine, drew up a list of the best guitar solo in the rock history and its won.

Generally, I like music where there is a nice guitar role, therefore I listen also iron maiden, ac/dc, nirvana, queen, black sabbath etc..

One day, since I had been played classic guitar for 5 years and I was interested to play that I listen, I bought an electric guitar and an heavy-metal manual of Giacomo Castellano, a guitar teacher who has collaborated with important Italian singers such as Vasco Rossi, Irene Grandi, Raf and others. He has published an album called Cutting bridges as well.

The book has a lot of of exercises and scores which use the guitar technique of very important guitarist such as Steve Vai, Edward Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Jimmy Hendrix and others. This last is considered the best guitarist of the history ahead of Jimmi Page, even if someone thinks he is the best and I think so.
    --

Thank you, have a good day.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: could someone correct my topic?

Quote Originally Posted by netarrow View Post
    Hi,

I've written this topic about rock and led zeppelin, It's only a sketch but I would appreciate if someone could correct it:

--
    My favourite kind of music is light rock, as this kind uses the electric guitar by way [in a way ] that it is not too much [delete "much"]aggressive neither nor too much [delete] soft.

In my opinion the best group who plays this kind of music is “Led Zeppelin”.

The band was founded by Jimmy Page, the guitarist, in 1968. The other group members was [plural subject = plural verb] Robert Plan, the singer, James Blandwin (nickname John Paul Jones), the bassist and keyboardist, and John Bonham, the drummer.

The band broke up in 1980 just when this last[better to say "Bonham" died.
    Perhaps had he not died, the group would be still in activity [be active].

My favourite Led Zeppelin's songs [Led Zeppelin songs {{adjectival phrase }} OR amongst Led Zeppelin's songs] are “Stairway to heaven” and “Dazed and Confused” (the live version, played at the Madison Square Garden in 1973. About “Stairway to Heaven”, last year's “total guitar”, a music magazine, drew up a list of the best guitar solo in the rock history and its this won .

Generally, I like music where there is a nice guitar role [contribution], therefore I listen also to Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Nirvana, Queen, Black Sabbath etc..

One day, since I had been played [playing] classic guitar for 5 years and I was interested to play that I listen [the music I had been listening to], I bought an electric guitar and a heavy-metal manual of [by] Giacomo Castellano, a guitar teacher who has collaborated with important Italian singers such as Vasco Rossi, Irene Grandi, Raf and others. He has published an album called Cutting Bridges as well.

The book has a lot of exercises and scores which use the guitar technique of very important guitarists such as Steve Vai, Edward Van Halen, Joe Satriani, Jimi Hendrix and others. This last [Hendrix] is considered the best guitarist of the [in] history, ahead of Jimmi Page, even if someone thinks he [some people think Page] is the best and I think so >>Are you agreeing that Hendrix is best or that Page is best? Not clear.
    --

Thank you, have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your help.

About Hendrix and Page I'm agreeing than Page is the best.

Could I write:

--
    ...even if some people, such me, think Page is the best...
    --

?

thanks, bye

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

You can, but even better would be "including me"

Post Thanks / Like

ok! thank you