• Post Thanks / Like

can anyone help me and read my little book revew and fix the mistakes

„The Captive” author is Joyce Hansen. Joyce Hansen, a former New York City schoolteacher is a well-known author of both fiction and nonfiction. Hansen was born and raised in the Bronx. She has written very many books for children and teenagers.
    „The Captive” is a historical fiction.The book was published in 1994.
    A principal character is Kofi. The book is about the capture of Kofi, a 12-year-old son of an Ashanti chief. Kofi is his father favorite child. The boy is taken and subsequently sold after his father is betrayed and murdered by a trusted family slave. He makes two friends on the trip across the ocean; one is a white indentured servant, the other is another black slave. Once they reach America, they are all sold to a Puritan farmer in Massachusetts. Eventually, the boys run away. They are chased onto a ship and discovered by it is captain, who agrees to help them. Kofi return back to Africa, but it is not mentioned again until the epilogue. His life in Africa is presented as both orderly and good.
    In the book was intresting when Kofi`s flute was stolen, he hunted it down like a fox stalking a rabbit, and finally he found it. It means that the fluete was very important for him. The discussion of a black man's involvement in the selling of others of his race is handled well; and the topic of slavery in New England is one not often discussed. Kofi is very spunky, he never gave up. One thing that impressed me the most was when Kofi was on the slave ship, the fire in his heart and his flute in his hands kept him alive through all the disease and beating he faced. I felt a little bad for the characters in the book when they get kidnapped and sent to America. In the book, there were also very intresting colourfully nature discriptions. It was interesting to read about the things Kofi encountered and the Ashanti culture, example women in the Ashanti will not marry without the consent of their parents. The Ashanti religion is a mixture of spiritual and supernatural powers. They believe that plants, animals and trees have souls and also they believe in fairies, witches, and forest monsters. The book was quite understandable and good to read.
    In conclusion I liked the book and enjoyed it a lot, because there was vital reason. „The Captive” is great book that is definetly worth reading. The author puts a visual in your head that makes you feel as if you are actualy there and you can imagine how the main character, Kofi, feels.

Thank you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can anyone help me and read my little book revew and fix the mistakes

Well, I manged to find some mistakes like: In the book was intresting, another is the way you spelled flute which is:fluete, it is supposed to be flute

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: can anyone help me and read my little book revew and fix the mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by qwe View Post
    „The Captive” author is is by Joyce Hansen. Joyce Hansen, a former New York City schoolteacher, is a well-known author of both fiction and nonfiction. Hansen was born and raised in the Bronx. She has written very many books for children and teenagers.
    „The Captive” is historical fiction.The book was published in 1994.
    A [The] principal character is Kofi[I think you could delete this sentence] . The book is about the capture of Kofi, a 12-year-old son of an Ashanti chief. Kofi is his father's favorite child. The boy is taken and subsequently sold after his father is betrayed and murdered by a trusted family slave. He makes two friends on the trip across the ocean; one is a white indentured servant, the other is another black slave. Once they reach America, they are all sold to a Puritan farmer in Massachusetts. Eventually, the boys run away. They are chased onto a ship and discovered by it is [its] captain, who agrees to help them. Kofi returns back [delete - not needed with "return"] to Africa, but it is not mentioned again until the epilogue. His life in Africa is presented as both orderly and good.
    In the book it was interesting when Kofi`s flute was stolen, he hunted it down like a fox stalking a rabbit, and finally he found it. It means that the fluete was very important for him. The discussion of a black man's involvement in the selling of others of his race is handled well; and the topic of slavery in New England is one not often discussed. Kofi is very spunky, he never gave up. One thing that impressed me the most was when Kofi was on the slave ship: the fire in his heart and his flute in his hands kept him alive through all the disease and beatings he faced. I felt a little bad for the characters in the book when they get kidnapped and sent to America. In the book, there were also very interesting colourful nature descriptions. It was interesting to read about the things Kofi encountered and the Ashanti culture. For example, women in the Ashanti will not marry without the consent of their parents. The Ashanti religion is a mixture of spiritual and supernatural powers. They believe that plants, animals and trees have souls and also they believe in fairies, witches, and forest monsters. The book was quite understandable and good to read.
    In conclusion I liked the book and enjoyed it a lot, because there was vital reason. "The Captive” is great book that is definetly definitely worth reading. The author puts a visual an image in your head that makes you feel as if you are actually there and you can imagine how the main character, Kofi, feels.

Thank you.
    Not bad at all - was it all your own work?