Thread: Letter_update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter_update

Would somebody please help me with the english?
    Thanks,
    Fizzi

Dear all,

I just thought I should update everyone on the reserch. As you already knew, this study will examine to quality of information provided by pharmaceutical representatives in (Country 1) and (Country 2) to doctors. Most probably, this study will also include (Country 3). I am still discussing this issues with the (Country 3) research team. Hope we can get their support.

I am thinking off publishing two papers from this study. One on the quality of information and the second one is on the methodological quality and relevence of references given to doctors.

Just to let everybody knows, I have successfully receieved a Travel grant award by the (name of the university) . The grant valued at $ 5000. This award is given to only 20 students every year. I will be using the money for travelling back to (Country 2) for conducting this research.

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome on board to (researcher 1) and (researcher 2). Thanks for willing to participate in this study.
    I will have a meeting sometimes next with my supervisor to finalize the proposal. If everything is alright, I will send the proposal for validation to all of you and some experts in this field of study in the US, Canada and Australia. I would be very grateful if everybody can give some comments especially on the (Country 1)'s part. I hope to start conducting this study in (country 1)sometimes in Sept or October this year.

As I fully understand everybody has busy lives. I would like to thanks everybody for willing to give some of your valuable time to the research.

Best regards,

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Letter_update

will examine to quality- the
    thinking off- of
    One on the quality of information and the second one is on- I'd either put a verb in both or in neither, which would be OK as this isn't a formal letter
    everybody knows- know
    grant award by the- award from/awarded by
    The grant valued at $ 5000- is worth
    for travelling back to (Country 2) for conducting- to travel...to conduct
    meeting sometimes next- sometime soon
    everybody can- could
    lives. I would - comma
    for willing to- delete 'for'

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tdol,

Thanks for your comments.

I always have a problem the use of for and to (e.g. to travel or for travelling?). Could you please explain it to me?

Regards,
    Fizzi

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

For purpose- for + noun to + verb. Here, the verb seems more appropriate to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Thak you very much Tdol,

Regards,

Fizzi