• Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face teeth deformities, allergies

1) How should I describe the particular deformities of the teeth as follow:

• were born to be sticking out which upper lip was not able to cover
    • lower teeth were born to be sticking out which cover the upper teeth, so the jaw is tilting upwards slightly (normally, upper teeth are covering the lower teeth when the mouth is relaxed)
    • upper lip is born to be split that surgery is needed to fix this problem (this deformity looks like the lip of a rabbit)
    • does 'crooked teeth' signify any particular kind of deformities
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    2) An article talking about how does a mother handle her son's allergies as follow:

**the mother said, "It was a case of better the devil you know, but then once you know him,, what can you do to make him go away." "I got to the point where I wanted to be able to solve his allergies. I wanted to go from being reactive to proactive."

The answer to the mother's prayers came in the form of Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique which is a non-invasive treatment which require no medication or injection...............**

a) What are the meanings of the phrases as follow:
    • better the devil you know
    • got to the point
    • from being reactive to proactive
    • The answer to the mother's prayers (did the mother really pray, I thought she only talked about her feeling?)
    • came in the form of
    • non-invasive (Does invasive overly describe the risk of taking medication and injection?)
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Thanks.

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: teeth deformities, allergies

How should I describe the particular deformities of the teeth as follow:

were born to be sticking out which upper lip was not able to cover

This is properly called an "overbite," although some folks use the slang term "buck toothed" or "he has buck teeth."

lower teeth were born to be sticking out which cover the upper teeth, so the jaw is tilting upwards slightly (normally, upper teeth are covering the lower teeth when the mouth is relaxed)

Underbite

upper lip is born to be split that surgery is needed to fix this problem (this deformity looks like the lip of a rabbit)

This is called a "cleft lip"

does 'crooked teeth' signify any particular kind of deformities

"Crooked teeth" is a general description for teeth that aren't in perfect alignment.

**the mother said, "It was a case of better the devil you know, but then once you know him,, what can you do to make him go away." "I got to the point where I wanted to be able to solve his allergies. I wanted to go from being reactive to proactive."

The answer to the mother's prayers came in the form of Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Technique which is a non-invasive treatment which require no medication or injection...............**

Better the devil you know: Sometimes it's easier to accept and deal with a bad situation than to take a risk with an unknown situation or entity.

Got to the point: reached an apex, a certain degree

Being reactive to proactive: attack the problem head-on, rather than waiting and dealing with the consequences as the problem attacks us

Answer to the mother's prayers: meant figuratively here. She may not literally have prayed for intervention, but when she found a solution to her problem, it was as if she had prayed and received a response.

Non-invasive: Traditionally refers to a medical procedure that doesn't require cutting into the flesh or a body cavity. In this instance, though, the mother is referring to a treatment that doesn't require taking any medication. The allergies can be controlled strictly by adjusting the diet.