JuanCarlos is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default blog about literature, cinema and culture

I'm creating a blog about literature, cinema and culture in general. Its web site is: voi ch'intrate If you have free time, please visit it and say me what do you think about it. I hope that you like it but, of course, all the suggestions and comments which you could do of it, both to the posts and the design of the blog itself, will be very well received for me.

Thank you very, very much.

And best regards from Barcelona (Catalonia)!

Joan Carles

Englishlanguage is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: blog about literature, cinema and culture

A little curiosity: why have you called it "voi ch'intrate"? Have you taken it from Dante's Divine Comedy? "lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

Post Thanks / Like

Of course, I have taken the name of my blog from the Divine Commedy. Lasciate ogne speranza voi, ch'intrate is the horrifying sentence that apears in the gate which give entrance to the Inferno. Do you like the blog, my friend? I am trying to improve it so if you have some suggestion or critique it, of course, will be well received!

Best wishes from Barcelona.

jc

Englishlanguage is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I should clear I am not such a literature expert. I'm just an 18-year-old student. But I do like literature.
    Anyway, I were able to read just a little part of the website because most of it is in Spanish. But I really enjoyed reading the article on witchcraft.
    I found the website a nice idea. I hope you'll keep adding articles, so that it will become richer and richer. If you need help for translations of Italian literature excerpts I'll be glad to give my help as far as I can.
    In order to give you some advices, I'd need to know what your goals are. Which kind of "audience" do you want to reach? I noticed you favoured Spanish articles.

All the best

jaime82 is offline Newbie
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • El Salvador
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Juan,

Thatís a pretty cool blog. Although Iím not really into literature, or fine arts, I find quite interesting the subject.

I would change the typography of the blogís title, because of its illegibility. Also, add a little introduction about yourself to let the readers briefly know who you are.

Saludos!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your suggestions, Jaime. I have changed the title. But relating to the name I think that is better to maintain the mistery of who I am, don't you? However, you can send me an email whatever you want, of course, and I will reply you inmediately.

Best wishes,

Juan Carlos.