..Could you please help me show what wrong in these sentences and Why?
- a painter who lived most of his life in the middle west, Grant wood has called America's "Painter of the Soil".
- The american frontiersman, politician, and soldier Davy crockett is one of the most popular of American Hero. Proper names take capital letters; hero(es) does not.
- A dolphin locates underwater objects in its path by doing a series of clicking and whistling sounds. though "making" is a better word here than "doing"
- during the Middle Ages, handwriting notices kept groups of nobles informed of important events. Capital letter for first word in sentence; "handwritten" is the adjective.
- Tenant farmers are those they either rent a farm and work it for themselves or work the farm for the owner and receive payment. "Tenant" tells you the person is paying a rent for a farm. The second method is "Sharecropping" and not a tenancy. Wrong pronoun.
- slightly over half of the population of El Paso, Texas, says both English and Spanish. You speak a language.
- Hickories are medium to large trees common in the eastern and central areas of North america.