Thread: DVD Cover

ChrisAmor is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DVD Cover

Hello,

I'm a belgian last year student - Multimedia and I had to make a DVD for a group of jugglers.

Can please check someone if the following english on the DVD cover is correct ?

It all started as an illustration to the juggling guide "Addicted to club and ball juggling" but ended up in a funky juggling DVD,, combining tutorials and high level creative juggling which makes the dvd very amusant.
    The tutorial shows some 100 basic juggling patterns and variations as explained in the guide, ideal to learn them yourself..

The addicted laboratory is a 30 minute selection out of hours of combining creative jugglers and a camera.. It''s a combination of high level routines, crazy manipulations and silly stuff. A lot of routines were made especially for the DVD, tried untill they worked once, and then never again.

In the extra's you can find promotional video's of
    the artists starring on the DVD, and scenes which
    just not qualified The Addicted
    laboratory label.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DVD Cover

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAmor View Post
    Hello,

I'm a belgian last year student - Multimedia and I had to make a DVD for a group of jugglers.

Can please check someone if the following English on the DVD cover is correct ?

It all started as an illustration to the juggling guide "Addicted to club and ball juggling" but ended up in a funky juggling DVD, combining tutorials and high level creative juggling which makes the dvd very amusant.[delete]
    The tutorial shows some 100 basic juggling patterns and variations as explained in the guide, ideal to learn them yourself.. [ideal for the learner/ideal for teaching yourself]

The Addicted laboratory is a 30 minute selection out of hours of [delete] combining creative jugglers and a camera. It's a combination of high level routines, crazy manipulations and silly stuff. A lot of routines were made [created/developed] especially for the DVD. tried until they worked once, and then never again.[delete]

In the extras you can find promotional videos of the artists starring on the DVD, and scenes which just not qualified The Addicted laboratory label.[Not sure what you mean - do you mean they were not good enough? I think you need a more positive statement as to why they are in the extras]

It needs tightening up by removing unnecessary extra material.

Is "Addicted laboratory" the title of the DVD or a company name? If so, then capitalize both words.

ChrisAmor is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Woaw,

thanks!

I learned a lot from your post,

Chris

Jason72 is offline Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

@ChrisAmor, it is not a good thing to write a synopsis on your own, considering you are not a native speaker! The synopsis is the most important part of a submission package and, as such, it has to be developed and ''polished'' with the same attention one has devoted to the making of project itself. Therefore, it is a wise thing to hire a linguist to do it for you. But it is a good thing to come here and ask for correction too!

I wish you good luck!