Thread: The

Post Thanks / Like

Default The

In the name of the Merciful Allah,
    Hi, when I write a sentence containing a list of items begining all with "the"by using commas to seperate them ,do I need to repeat "the" with each item?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The

Not necessarily. Would you give an example of a list you want to use?

Post Thanks / Like

For example: Logically,How do you expect me to understand well the social stressors, the support for coping with stress ,the social phobias, the autism, the adjustment difficulties, the antisocial personality disorder, the consequences of labeling people, the cultural context of psychological disorder, the therapeutic relationship or the group therapies before being aware of how the social situation affects our behavior!?. Was it right ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, it's not chemistry!

In other words, if I have those items as following: the book - the watch- the pencil - the vase , do I need to rewrite their "the" all again when I put them together in a list within a sentence ? . Let's say " I put the book , the watch the pencil and the vase on the floor, was it right or the first "the" was enough in order to avoid redundancy ?.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the arrow of egypt View Post
    For example: Logically,How do you expect me to understand well the social stressors, the support for coping with stress ,the social phobias, the autism, the adjustment difficulties, the antisocial personality disorder, the consequences of labeling people, the cultural context of psychological disorder, the therapeutic relationship or the group therapies before being aware of how the social situation affects our behavior!?. Was it right ?
    I'd take out all of them, starting with the social stressors. You may want to put all that in bullet form.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Casiopea , I really missed you . What do you mean by " bullet form"?

Post Thanks / Like

For example,
    • Social stressors
    • Support for coping with stress
    • Social phobias
    • Autism
    • Adjustment difficulties
    • Antisocial personality disorder
    • Consequences of labeling people
    • Cultural context of psychological disorder
    • Therapeutic relationship or group therapies
    | Bullet Lists - Do's and Don'ts. How to write bullet lists. How to write number lists. How to write outline lists.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: The

What if the latter example has something in common included in its items ? ,Do you still think that the bullet form would be better? .
    To be more obvious , I want to criticise some instructor for teaching topics all involving psycho-social factor before getting recognized to the basic principles of social psychology.
    Casiopea,I'm grateful for you