Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: euskara

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    euskara

    I ' m starting a comparative study of Euskara with other non-indo-European languages. I therefore look for people conversant with Finnish or Estonian and even The languages spoken in the Caucasian area. Questions will encompass phonologic evolution, lexicon and grammatical phenomena.
    Alain


    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 17
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: euskara

    Hello,
    What does Chomat mean?

  1. Soup's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • China

    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 5,892
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: euskara

    In other words, he's doing a study on the Euskara language. He's going to compare that language with other related languages. He is looking for people who speak Finnish or Estonian or other languages spoken in the Caucasian area. He wants to ask those speakers questions about the sounds, vocabulary and grammar of their language.


    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 17
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: euskara

    No -No, my question was what does the word "Chomat" mean, if this is the last name - I was just curious, tell you why later.

  2. peterpiper's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 45
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Lightbulb Re: euskara

    Maybe CHOMAT is just the ĻreverseĻ (wachamacallit?) of MATCHO.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6

    Re: euskara

    CHOMAT ? Chomat is simply my first name. Surely, there is some ackwardness in Peterpiper's anagram, ackwardess quiet akin to roughness!

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

    • Join Date: Feb 2007
    • Posts: 570
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #7

    Re: euskara

    Quote Originally Posted by Mironek View Post
    No -No, my question was what does the word "Chomat" mean, if this is the last name - I was just curious, tell you why later.
    you can tell me directly! I'm that curious


    • Join Date: Sep 2007
    • Posts: 17
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8

    Re: euskara

    Chomat is my friend's last name

  3. peterpiper's Avatar

    • Join Date: Aug 2007
    • Posts: 45
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9

    Lightbulb Re: euskara

    Quote Originally Posted by CHOMAT View Post
    CHOMAT ? Chomat is simply my first name. Surely, there is some ackwardness in Peterpiper's anagram, ackwardess quiet akin to roughness!
    I didnīt mean anything harsh with my previous statement. Thatīs all.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 136
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #10

    Re: euskara

    Quote Originally Posted by CHOMAT View Post
    I ' m starting a comparative study of Euskara with other non-indo-European languages. I therefore look for people conversant with Finnish or Estonian and even The languages spoken in the Caucasian area. Questions will encompass phonologic evolution, lexicon and grammatical phenomena.
    Alain
    Euskara (Basque) is a language isolate. It's not related to Finnish, Estonian, or any other languages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •