Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I need urgent help , plz

hi everyone , i need something and i know that it is somehow hard to find , actually i make a research about qualitative data analysis and my profeesor asked me to search for a thesis (M.A , or P.H.D) , or any research concerning English language in which a researcher analyze the data qualitatively. i just want a site in which i can find a thesis like this.
    Thank you

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need urgent help , plz

Quote Originally Posted by huda23 View Post
    hi everyone , i need something and i know that it is somehow hard to find , actually i make a research about qualitative data analysis and my profeesor asked me to search for a thesis (M.A , or P.H.D) , or any research concerning English language in which a researcher analyze the data qualitatively. i just want a site in which i can find a thesis like this.
    Thank you

This is the only up-to-date source I could find as a book and not as an MA or PhD thesis. You might find such papers only on the websites of some universities (English department). So it is worth visiting them. Maybe in countries where English is taught or learned as a second language:
    Amazon.com: Qualitative Data Analysis: An Introduction: Books: Carol Grbich

Book Description
    Qualitative Data Analysis: An Introduction provides a thorough but very accessible reference guide to epistemological changes and their impact on the field of qualitative research, together with a practical guide to the wide range of approaches social science researchers and postgraduate students are currently using to design and analyze this form of data. This is a book that will rapidly be recognized as essential for social researchers attempting qualitative approaches. It provides a first-class, reliable guide to the basic issues in data analysis with detailed examples, a glossary and further reading lists and summaries of key points provided throughout the text.

Specific analytical approaches include: Classical Ethnography; the newer ethnographic styles such as auto ethnography, cyber ethnography and ethno drama ; Grounded Theory (both Glasserian and Straussian versions); the various types of Phenomenology classical, existential and hermeneutic; Feminist research including Memory Work; Content Analysis; Narrative Analysis; Conversation analysis - both linguistic and socio cultural; Discourse analysis; Visual Interpretation; Semiotic structural and post structural analyses and a guide to qualitative computing programs.
    A section on writing up data covers how to theorize from Data, how to incorporate data from multiple sources (both qualitative and quantitative), and an exploration of the techniques of innovative data display.

Qualitative Data Analysis: An Introduction provides an authoritative guide to current issues in the analysis of qualitative data for scholars, teachers and students alike.
    Product Details

* Paperback: 264 pages
    * Publisher: Sage Publications Ltd; New Ed edition (January 19, 2007)
    * Language: English
    * ISBN-10: 1412921430
    * ISBN-13: 978-1412921435
    Last edited by Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim; 17-May-2007 at 21:10.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dr . Ibrahim for your useful information but to talk honestly qualitative data analysis isn't one of my favourite fields , i try to understand it many times but i didn't understand many things ,i havefound many articles which explain it but my problem is that my professor doesn't want a theoritical summary he only wants a thesis in which the researcher analze the data qualitatively and i obliged to search for it as it will be included in the final exam, i search in the library of my university and i foundthat all M.A or P.H.D papers concerning English dept. are experimental papers, i will try to search in other universities as you suggest ,and thank you for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Very useful URL Casiopea. I must say you are better than a search engine. Because of information overload we need language research qualitatively. Let me summarise in ascending order as follows:
    ideas - data - information - knowledge - wisdom

Good luck Huda if I find anything useful I'll let you know.
    Jamshid

Post Thanks / Like

hi casiopea , Thank you, thank you , thank you for your great help , this is what i was searching for , i'm very happy for that and i appreciate your great help.

Post Thanks / Like

You're most welcome, huda23, and glad I could be of some help to you at this most "urgent" time.

Dr. Jamshid Ibrahim, sometimes you just get lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dr. Ibrahim too , i really appreciate your great help.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Iraq
      • Current Location:
      • Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

As promised Huda I am sending you a link which might be useful to you (seminar topics). There is also some sort of workshop:
    QUARC Qualitative Research & Consulting: Seminars

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Dr. Ibrahim for the useful site and your great help.