higurashi is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What does "fortify commitment" mean?

Hello,

I am translating the press release of pharmaceutical company. They are talking about their product and the results of its clinical study.

"These results fortify our commitment to obtain regulatory approval for (the Product) in the treatment of this disease. They help demonstrate the benefits (the Product), administered subcutaneously every four weeks, can offer to those suffering from this debilitating condition," commented, senior vice president.

Here are my three questions:

1. What does "fortify commitment" mean here?

2. In the next sentence, what can offer to those suffering from this deilitating condition? I thought it should be the product, but if so, I don't know what "benefits" mean here.

3. Do you think "of" should be inserted between "the benefits" and "the Product"?

Thank you,
    Higurashi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What does "fortify commitment" mean?

"These results fortify our commitment to obtain regulatory approval for (the Product) in the treatment of this disease. They help demonstrate the benefits (the Product), administered subcutaneously every four weeks, can offer to those suffering from this debilitating condition," commented, senior vice president.

Here are my three questions:

1. What does "fortify commitment" mean here?

It means to strengthen or reinforce an agreement or promise.

2. In the next sentence, what can offer to those suffering from this deilitating condition? I thought it should be the product, but if so, I don't know what "benefits" mean here.

Whatever the product is, that is what will ease the suffering. Here it is medication because it said the product must be given by injection (subcutaneously) every 4 weeks to treat the disease or sickness.

3. Do you think "of" should be inserted between "the benefits" and "the Product"?

Yes. For example, "They help demonstrate the benefits of Penicillin. If Penicillin is taken subcutaneously every four weeks, it will help those suffering from the debilitating effects of the disease."