Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. kutekool_22
    Guest
    #1

    reply urgently required!!

    I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
    "I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
    I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..


    • Join Date: Mar 2004
    • Posts: 258
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: reply urgently required!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
    "I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
    I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..
    Waiting.

    :)

  2. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 16,127
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: reply urgently required!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
    "I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
    I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..
    The adjective "bitter" works better with "dispute", but the sentence doesn't work with "I". A dispute is a debate or argument, which requires another person (unless you are schizophrenic ).

    We are having a bitter dispute over/about money, and our language has been harsh. :wink:

  3. kutekool_22
    Guest
    #4

    Re: reply urgently required!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
    "I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
    I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..
    The adjective "bitter" works better with "dispute", but the sentence doesn't work with "I". A dispute is a debate or argument, which requires another person (unless you are schizophrenic ).

    We are having a bitter dispute over/about money, and our language has been harsh. :wink:
    Thank ya so much Mike but, still I have a question..if I'm gonna place HARSH instead of BITTER( as both have same meaningat some extent)It will be correct or not?

  4. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 16,127
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #5

    Re: reply urgently required!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNewYork
    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    I have a quetion for Tdol or Ronbee.....which one of these two statements are the right one.
    "I HAVE A BITTER DISPUTE OVER MONEY" or this one"I HAVE SOME HARSH DISPUTE OVER MONEY"
    I look forward for ya'r reply...please reply as soon as possible..thank you..
    The adjective "bitter" works better with "dispute", but the sentence doesn't work with "I". A dispute is a debate or argument, which requires another person (unless you are schizophrenic ).

    We are having a bitter dispute over/about money, and our language has been harsh. :wink:
    Thank ya so much Mike but, still I have a question..if I'm gonna place HARSH instead of BITTER( as both have same meaningat some extent)It will be correct or not?
    I don't think "harsh" fits very well there, but I would understand the meaning. :wink:

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 44,225
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #6
    I agree with Mike- 'bitter dispute' is an expression we use. I wouldn't use 'harsh' in this sentence.

  5. kutekool_22
    Guest
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I agree with Mike- 'bitter dispute' is an expression we use. I wouldn't use 'harsh' in this sentence.
    Thanks Mike and Tdol for helping me once again.Tdol I was busy with my studies that's why I couldn't get much time to come online and to use net.
    As Ronbee has given me one assignment, which is still pending but as soon as I get free I will complete it until then take care bye!!

  6. MikeNewYork's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 16,127
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kutekool_22
    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    I agree with Mike- 'bitter dispute' is an expression we use. I wouldn't use 'harsh' in this sentence.
    Thanks Mike and Tdol for helping me once again.Tdol I was busy with my studies that's why I couldn't get much time to come online and to use net.
    As Ronbee has given me one assignment, which is still pending but as soon as I get free I will complete it until then take care bye!!
    You're welcome, Kute. :wink:

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

    • Join Date: Nov 2002
    • Posts: 44,225
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #9
    See you soon.

  7. kutekool_22
    Guest
    #10

    How can I do speech?

    Quote Originally Posted by tdol
    See you soon.
    ok here I'm once again.How about every one over here? I would like to ask you about "SPEECH" in an school function, I'd like to do an inaugural speech.So can you pls help? That, what is the appropriate way to do speech? Can you please give me some outline in this respect?
    will be waiting for replying, until then take care ba bye.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help urgently Needed
    By andreafinzi in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-Oct-2004, 12:02
  2. Looking forward to your reply?
    By kltakky in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-Sep-2003, 19:06
  3. New Forum Feature - Reply To Post
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-Jun-2003, 23:40
  4. Demonstration of the new Reply facility
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-May-2003, 23:03
  5. New Forum Feature - Quick Reply
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-May-2003, 18:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •