• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face cover letter

I have prepared a cover letter for job application, where the applicant's availability would not be immediate until after his retirement due in Dec 2007. I would like to ask the hiring manager to keep the resume for future recruitment.
    • Are there any mistake or ways to improve the writing as follow?

** I have been working for ABC company since 1986, due for retirement in December 2007. Even though there are still half a year time to complete my service with my current employer, my enthusiasm and determination to continue my working career urge me to value this opportunity to express my great interest for the opening of a position of 'Customer Service Representative'.

Presumably, my application unfortunately fails in this recruitment, be it due to my availability, or capability. I would owe you a great debt of gratitude if you could kindly keep my resume for future reference, in your convenience. **

• If I don't get the name whom posted the ad. Is it appropriate to start the letter as Dear Hiring Manager (I found this salutation on website sample letter)?

Thanks.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: cover letter

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    I have prepared a cover letter for job application, where the applicant's availability would not be immediate until after his retirement due in Dec 2007. I would like to ask the hiring manager to keep the resume for future recruitment.
    • Are there any mistake or ways to improve the writing as follow?

** I have been working for ABC company since 1986, due for retirement in December 2007. Even though there are still half a year time [another six months] to complete my service with my current employer, my enthusiasm and determination to continue my working career urge me to value [take] this opportunity to express my great interest for the opening of a [delete - not necessary to state this] position of 'Customer Service Representative'.

Presumably, my application unfortunately fails in this recruitment, be it due to my availability, or capability. I would owe you a great debt of gratitude if you could kindly keep my resume for future reference, in your convenience. ** I would not imply that you are expecting failure. Much better to say: "My experience in the workplace will be of great value to any employer, and I very much hope that you will wish to grant me an interview. However, if this is not the case, I would be grateful if you could keep my application on file for future reference. I shall be available at any time."
    • If I don't get the name of who posted the ad, is it appropriate to start the letter as Dear Hiring Manager (I found this salutation on website sample letter)? Dear Sir or Madam would be the usual; what you have may be acceptable. Depends a bit on the local preference on formality.

Thanks.