• Post Thanks / Like

COVER LETTER - IT WORK! Please Help Me

I'm writting my Cover Letter but I have a lot of doubt about it because My english is really bad.

This is a "OPEN COVER LETTER" that I'll upload on Jobseeker Website.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am an ambitious 25 year-old Italian guy who moved to London in February 2007. My previous work experience was based on 6 years in the Italian Banking Sector as Senior Analyst programmer, working with Cobol/Ims/Cics/Db2 on Mainframe Enviroment. You will find more information about my previous works experience and skills on my cv.

I am looking for a job outside of Italy because I want to improve my English and experience new environments that will allow me to build a solid base for my future.

Though I have a very good experience and strong skills in the mainframe enviroment, I am not ready for hold a Analyst Programmer role because my English is not Fluency.
    Because of this I am looking for a job only as programmer.

I think this could be a very good opportunity for a Firm that need a junior programmer because If you have to training some students you will need about 1 years (or more) for have a low skills programmer, but if you take me after only 3 months (or less) you will find a Analyst programmer with 6 years experience.

I would like to underline that I am a very fast learner and programmer.

I am available to evaluate any kind of proposal and I am willing to work almost anywhere.

If you have in mind some kind of position that could match with my knowledge, please contact me at

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    The underline paragraph is the most important problem that I have because I really don't know how to explain this sentence in English.

Thank you in advance!

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: COVER LETTER - IT WORK! Please Help Me

Hello. I made some changes to your letter. See what you think.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am an ambitious 25 year-old Italian man who moved to London in February 2007. My previous work experience was based on 6 years in the Italian Banking Sector as Senior Analyst programmer, working with Cobol/Ims/Cics/Db2 on Mainframe Enviroment. You will find more information about my previous works experience and skills on my cv.

I am looking for a job outside of Italy because I want to improve my English and experience new environments that will allow me to build a solid base for my future.

Though I have a very good experience and strong skills in the mainframe enviroment, I am not ready to hold an Analyst Programmer position because my English is not fluent.
    Because of this I am looking for a job only as programmer.

I think this could be a very good opportunity for a Firm that needs a junior programmer. If you have to train some students you will need about 1 year (or more) for them to achieve low programmer skills, but if you train me, after only 3 months (or less) you will find an analyst programmer with 6 years experience.

I would like to emphazise that I am a very fast learner and programmer.

I am available to evaluate any kind of proposal and I am willing to work almost anywhere.

If you have in mind some kind of position that could be a match with my knowledge, please contact me at

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: COVER LETTER - IT WORK! Please Help Me

Great job!!!

Thank You so much!!!

Have a nice day,
    Samuele