Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A Fatal Accident

Hi, my teachers .I just havegotten back :D
    A short real story

There are many moments in oneís life either full of sorrow or delight.However, being a witness at some moments may put one into a ceaselessly psychologicl delima .My topic talks of a relativeís sad story took place three years ago.

Hussan is a young boy at 25 years old who lives in Riyadh city.One day , his small brother mohammad , 5 years old slipped away out of their house.Hussun got out of the house ; trying to catch up and grab his small sibling before crossing the street. Did he successfully catch him up?let us see what comes soon

When Hussun tried to grab his sibling , he heard squeak of a coming car wheels when the reckless driver tried to stop his car but knockd down and crossed over Mohmmad ; leaving him in a bloody pool.Hussun istantly shocked and got faint.An hour elapsed as he was unconscious.

Hussan got up when some water was splashed over him .He watched Mohammadís corpse on the street while an ambulance car stopped beside and the corpse was lifted up on the stretcher.Hussun got home and was much psychologically sick.However, condolences were overwhelmed him.

Hussan and his family got many moving condolnces either from their own relatives or their friends .Right now, when Hussan hears such squeak of a skidding car he involuntarily runs and jumps here and there .He is affected with a conditioned state because he links the squak of any car to his siblingís fatal accident.

In short, I see that innocent children should be much cared of by his family members at any time because they always mismeasure spatial distances.

I a faraid of Mr.RonBee may chop my story into slides

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like
    However, being a witness at some moments may put one into a ceaselessly psychologicl delima .

This sentence needs some work- the meaning is clear, but it doesn't sounds natural. I'd say the following:

However, witnessing certain things can leave you with an unending psychological dilemma.

Ron willp robably be along to do a proper job on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you , my teacher, tdol.
    You have chopped a part of it.You can gulp all the rest. :wink:

Ayed's regards

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be back later to finish.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Fatal Accident

It's an interesting story. I think most of the problems have to do with usage more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayed
    There are many moments in oneís life either full of sorrow or delight.However, being a witness at some moments may put one into a ceaselessly psychologicl delima .My topic talks of a relativeís sad story took place three years ago.
    In the first sentence, rather than ceaselessly, endless (or, as Tdol suggested, unending would be better. For the second sentence, try:
    • My topic is about a relative's sad story which took place three years ago.

Hussan is a young boy at 25 years old who lives in Riyadh city.One day , his small brother mohammad , 5 years old slipped away out of their house.Hussun got out of the house ; trying to catch up and grab his small sibling before crossing the street. Did he successfully catch him up?let us see what comes soon
    First sentence:
    • Hussan is a young boy at 25 years old who lives in Riyadh city.

Say:
    • Hussan is a young man who is 25 years old and lives in Riyadh.

Second sentence:
    • One day , his small brother mohammad , 5 years old slipped away out of their house.

The phrase you are looking for there is little brother. Also, slipped away implies that the person left undetected. Try:
    • One day, his little brother Mohammed, five years old, ran out of the house.

Third sentence:
    • Hussun got out of the house ; trying to catch up and grab his small sibling before crossing the street.

Unfortunately, got out doesn't work very well there. For one thing, it is not descriptive enough. Try:
    • Hussun ran out of the house and tried to catch up with his little brother before he could cross the street.

You could say Mohammed instead of little brother, but I think little brother works better there. Also, while small sibling is accurate, sibling isn't normally used that way.

Rather than "Did he successfully catch him up?" say, "Did he catch up with him?' Rather than, "let us see what comes soon" say, "Let's see what comes next."

:)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even after I chop your story into little pieces you can always put it back together.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Superb chopsmanship there, Ron.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shokrun lukoma(thank you)

You have digested my topic so much that one of you gulped it .

Much thanked are you :D

Ayed

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When Hussun tried to grab his sibling , he heard squeak of a coming car wheels when the reckless driver tried to stop his car but knockd down and crossed over Mohmmad ; leaving him in a bloody pool.Hussun istantly shocked and got faint.An hour elapsed as he was unconscious.
    Try:
    • When Hussun tried to grab his little brother he heard the squeal of an oncoming car. The driver had tried to stop, but he ran over Muhammed, leaving him in a pool of blood. Hussun went into shock and fainted. An hour elapsed as he lay there unconscious.

I used squeal rather than squeak because squeal suggests a sudden, loud sound, while squeak suggests a high-pitched sound like a mouse might make.

Hussan got up when some water was splashed over him .He watched Mohammadís corpse on the street while an ambulance car stopped beside and the corpse was lifted up on the stretcher.Hussun got home and was much psychologically sick.However, condolences were overwhelmed him.
    Try:
    • Hussun came to when water was splashed on him. He saw Mohammad's corpse laying in the street. He watched as an ambulance stopped nearby and the corpse was lifted onto a stretcher. When he got home he was sick with grief.

One cannot be overwhelmed by condolences. I wasn't sure what the writer meant to say with that line, so I don't have any suggestions for revising it.

Hussan and his family got many moving condolnces either from their own relatives or their friends .Right now, when Hussan hears such squeak of a skidding car he involuntarily runs and jumps here and there .He is affected with a conditioned state because he links the squak of any car to his siblingís fatal accident.
    Try:
    • Hussun and his family received many moving condolences from family and friends, but it did little to assuage their grief. Nowadays, when Hussun hears the squeal of a skidding car he involuntarily runs and jumps here and there. He associates the squeal of a car to his sibling's fatal accident.

I think you need to change "runs and jumps here and there" somewhat.

In short, I see that innocent children should be much cared of by his family members at any time because they always mismeasure spatial distances.
    Try:
    • In short, little children should be watched carefully, because they tend to misjudge distances. They don't know how dangerous it can be to run out into the street.

(Thanks, Tdol.)

Post Thanks / Like

A Fatal Accident
    There are many moments in oneís life which are either full of sorrow or delight. However, witnessing certain things can leave you with an unending psychological dilemma. My topic is about a relative's sad story which took place three years ago.
    Hussan is a young man who is 25 years old and lives in Riyadh. On a summer day, his little brother Mohammed, five years old, ran out of the house. Hussan ran out of the house to catch up with his little brother before the last could cross the street.
    The beginning of the accident starts when Hussan tried to grab his little brother he heard the squeal of an oncoming car. The driver had tried to stop, but he ran over Mohammed, leaving him in a pool of blood. Hussan went into shock and fainted. An hour elapsed as he lay there unconscious.
    someone splashed some water on Hussan until he came to his feet and he saw his brother , Mohammad, laying in the street. He watched as an ambulance stopped nearby and the corpse was lifted onto a stretcher. The ambulance rushed to the hospital and mohammad was admitted to the entensive care. No sooner had Mohammadís corpse been examined then a medical report was issued confirming that Mohammadís death was due to a deadly hit on the head . Hussan and his parents transferred Mohammadís corpse to the Al-Rajhi dead washing-

room .Two morticians washed , embalmed and coffined the corpse .They transferred Mohammadís corpse to the mosque .They prayed and supplicated Allah may forgive and wipe out all Mohammadís sins .They immediately carried the corpse on a bier and they went to Al-Oud graveyard where Mohammad was sadly burried forever.
    Hussan and his parents came back home as they were sick with grief.
    Hussan and his family received many moving condolences from family and friends, but it did little to relieve their grief. They move to another house so as to forget their sad memories .
    Nowadays, when Hussan hears the squeal of a skidding car he gets faint . He associates the squeal of a car to his little brotherís fatal accident. This called the conditioned response or ď law of associationĒ the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory when human brain is prompted by a same current stimulus.
    In short, little children should be watched carefully, because they tend to misjudge distances. They don't know how dangerous it can be to run out into the street.

How is it now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast