how to write a good academic goal essay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnnhtdt

Member Type
Student or Learner
Dear..I am working on an academic goal essay, but I don't know how to write it well. Do you have any strategy, techonology, ...?Can you share with me? Thanks alot.
(\__/)
( ''.'' )
('') ('')

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
The most important thing is to be able to condense your goal into a crystal clear sentence. What is your goal?

ccnnhtdt

Member Type
Student or Learner
The most important thing is to be able to condense your goal into a crystal clear sentence. What is your goal?

I have many goals. I want an accounting bachelor degree,achieve scholarship, join school activities and master English. I don't have any experience in writitng an academic goal essay. I want my essays can be a hook, get attention from readers.

Thanks for replying me.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
OK, now why do you want to achieve these things; what do you plan to do with them?

ccnnhtdt

Member Type
Student or Learner
OK, now why do you want to achieve these things; what do you plan to do with them?

Because accounting field gives me oppurtunities to work at offices. I dont deny physical jobs, but accounting is going to settle me in only one seat. I work with numbers, documents, computers and businessmen. This major also offers a stardard working time, 8 hours a day, makes my mind up and adapt a professional working system.

I would like to achieve scholarship not for school fee, but for my ability. I want to know how much I can do, how deep my knowledge is. Scholarship is always an academic encouragement afforcing my study mind.

Unlike movie stars, I am not interested in wining widespread fame at Hollywood. However. I want to be popular in school. I want to be a cell of my school, an active volunteer, and an excellent student.

I pursue all of goal in order to affirm my ability.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Because accounting field gives me oppurtunities to work at offices. I dont deny physical jobs, but accounting is going to settle me in only one seat. I work with numbers, documents, computers and businessmen. This major also offers a stardard working time, 8 hours a day, makes my mind up and adapt a professional working system.

OK Let's break this down:
1 Accounting gives me the opportunity to work in an office
Many professions work in offices, so this does not seem a very strong factor to me. You should start with the strongest factor. How about something like this:
As someone who has always been interested in mathematics, accountancy appeals to me as it would allow me to use my skills in a practical way, doing one of the most important jobs in a company.

2 physical jobs
This isn't relevant- concentrate purely on what you have to give and what you want to learn.

3 This major also offers a stardard working time, 8 hours a day
This actually sounds a bit negative, as if you are that committed. You shoudl write instead about the positive things- working in a team in an office, using many different skills, etc

ccnnhtdt

Member Type
Student or Learner
OK Let's break this down:
1 Accounting gives me the opportunity to work in an office
Many professions work in offices, so this does not seem a very strong factor to me. You should start with the strongest factor. How about something like this:
As someone who has always been interested in mathematics, accountancy appeals to me as it would allow me to use my skills in a practical way, doing one of the most important jobs in a company.

2 physical jobs
This isn't relevant- concentrate purely on what you have to give and what you want to learn.

3 This major also offers a stardard working time, 8 hours a day
This actually sounds a bit negative, as if you are that committed. You shoudl write instead about the positive things- working in a team in an office, using many different skills, etc

Excellent advices. I will wrtie my essay with possitive points and a strong way. Thank you so much... ^_^

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
OK, post it here when you're finished and I'll take a look. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.