Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are You Ob- OR Sub-jectivity?

Hi, my teachers.

Objectivity
    When one is frank to himself , to his own parents , to his own relatives and to his own friends , he is most likely to gain self-confidence , self-satisfaction and self-reliance.To be open-minded , large-hearted and ready-witted is to be an objective loved to others.

When one is asked what does he think of someone, he has not to judge instantly by default--by external appearances, because people are always acted as a mirror reflecting every tiny spots on one’s face. When you are pointing at one with your own forefinger, then remember that the four fingertips are accusing-fingers pointing at yourself.One may wonder! If I point at my ownself with my index finger, then at whom the rest of my fingers point?

Pointing at your self is a confession , is an open frank while and a personal volition state that you are frank , plain and justice .When one blame others , then he actually throws away his fault over ones’ .This is called in psychiatry, as I guess, “displacement”when one often tries to root out his problems and to throw them over others because he unintentionally does not recognize himself is psychiatrically-ill .

In short , objectivity is surly better than subjectivity , :)

With my best regards.

Ayed .
    --------------------
    1-Notice : My topic is the first draft.
    2-Is it stylistically parallel ?
    3-Is it somewhat cohesive?
    4-What is the exact problem I suffer from yet.
    5-Peeling the topic is allowed to all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are You Ob- OR Sub-jectivity?

Objectivity
    When one is frank to himself , to his own parents , to his own relatives and to his own friends , he is most likely to gain self-confidence , self-satisfaction and self-reliance.To be open-minded , large-hearted and ready-witted is to be an objective loved to others.
    Question: What happens when one is frank with herself?

Traditionally, the pronouns he, him, and himself were adopted to represent both the male and female genders--the reason being, the majority of readers, not to mention writers and publishers were male-- but nowadays, ahem, ever since the 1960s, one & oneself are used.

8)

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you ,Casiopea for your advice

generally, I mean both of genders male and femal

It seems to me that my topic is a delicious meal for someone who stings it. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayed
    Thank you ,Casiopea for your advice

generally, I mean both of genders male and female

It seems to me that my topic is a delicious meal for someone who stings it. :wink:
    You are welcome. :D

Equality is not the issue per se. As a writer, your goal should be to reach as many readers as possible. The more opinions swayed the better, right?

The more people you attract through your writing, the better the scope of advice and experience you'll draw in.

Leave baiting fish to the experienced fisherman. Hooks only sting the inexperienced, especially those who fish in unknown waters. :(

All the best,

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my teachers.

Objectivity
    Well, you can't use "one" and "he" in the same sentence to mean the same thing. You have to choose one. How about addressing the reader directly? Perhaps:
    • If you are honest with yourself and with others you are most likely to acquire self-confidence and become self-reliant.

That's all I have time for right now. :(

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To be open-minded , large-hearted and ready-witted is to be an objective loved to others.
    How about:
    • A person who is open-minded, big-hearted and quick-witted is much admired by others.

What do you think?

:)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When one is asked what does he think of someone, he has not to judge instantly by default--by external appearances, because people are always acted as a mirror reflecting every tiny spots on one’s face.
    Try:
    • When you are asked what you think of someone you have to judge instantly by default--by external appearances, because people always act as a mirror reflecting every tiny spot on one's face.

When you are pointing at one with your own forefinger, then remember that the four fingertips are accusing-fingers pointing at yourself.One may wonder! If I point at my ownself with my index finger, then at whom the rest of my fingers point?
    Perhaps:
    • When you are pointing at someone with your own forefinger, then remember that the other fingers are pointing at you. One may wonder, "If I point at myself with my index finger, then at whom are the rest of my fingers pointing?"

Pointing at your self is a confession , is an open frank while and a personal volition state that you are frank , plain and justice .When one blame others , then he actually throws away his fault over ones’ .This is called in psychiatry, as I guess, “displacement”when one often tries to root out his problems and to throw them over others because he unintentionally does not recognize himself is psychiatrically-ill .
    "Pointing at your self is a confession" is good, but I think you should probably rewrite the rest. It is a bit confusing. :?
    In short , objectivity is surly better than subjectivity , :)
    Say:
    • In short, objectivity is better than subjectivity.

I think you reached the conclusion a little too quickly. It would be better if you could explain how you got from one place to the other.

:)

Post Thanks / Like

8) :( :) :mad: :P

I will rewrite it again
    Shokrun luka Mr.RonBee

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to seeing what you have.

Um, what's "Shokrun luka"?

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like