MerryNP is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Resources for teaching adults English(TESOL

Hi,
    I have recently moved to China and have been offered a job teaching English to adults. These are adults who have studied at university and need English for their job. The company is a global one. The majority of employees are Chinese, with a few English speaking foreigners. As the company is a global one there are many visitors who in the main speak only English.
    My job is to support the English program. I will be taking two lessons each week and planning for another person to do the follow up lessons. (There is a beginner and advanced group.)I would like to purchase some resouces and need some advice on what would be the most suitable. Can you advise me?

Peppers is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Resources for teaching adults English(TESOL

try Oxford University Press - International Express - various levels - perfectly suitable for adults

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Resources for teaching adults English(TESOL

Quote Originally Posted by MerryNP View Post
    Hi,
    I have recently moved to China and have been offered a job teaching English to adults. These are adults who have studied at university and need English for their job. The company is a global one. The majority of employees are Chinese, with a few English speaking foreigners. As the company is a global one there are many visitors who in the main speak only English.
    My job is to support the English program. I will be taking two lessons each week and planning for another person to do the follow up lessons. (There is a beginner and advanced group.)I would like to purchase some resouces and need some advice on what would be the most suitable. Can you advise me?

My advice - and I have performed a similar role in Wuxi - is to purchase some course books. I used headway. It is a personal choice, but I find them easy to use.

Beware of the label 'advanced'....