Post Thanks / Like

could also do with the fact

In terms of acting caliber, Somaya feels that Rajinikanth has stuck to the formula film theory while Amitabh has always tried to push the envelope and done something different.

I have not seen too many Tamil films and I dont understand Tamil. But from what I have read and understand, I think Rajinikanth mostly works in formula films and he has continued to be Rajinikanth, the star. However, to be fair to Bachchan, from the time when he debuted in 1969 till 1995 when he took a break after Khuda Gawah, he has worked in different kinds of cinema. After 2000 when he had sort of resigned to becoming a patriarch, he has continuously worked in different kinds of roles, Somaya explained.

And the acceptance of Amitabh in varied roles could also do with the fact that the taste of the Hindi film viewing audience is changing.

Please explain the highlighed ones.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: could also do with the fact

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    In terms of acting caliber, Somaya feels that Rajinikanth has stuck to the formula film theory while Amitabh has always tried to push the envelope and done something different.

Rajinikanth likes to make films the same way all the time; Amitabh likes to experiment.

I have not seen too many Tamil films and I dont understand Tamil. But from what I have read and understand, I think Rajinikanth mostly works in formula films and he has continued to be Rajinikanth, the star. However, to be fair to Bachchan, from the time when he debuted in 1969 till 1995 when he took a break after Khuda Gawah, he has worked in different kinds of cinema. After 2000 when he had sort of resigned to becoming a patriarch, he has continuously worked in different kinds of roles, Somaya explained.

People regard him as a senior member of the film making world.

And the acceptance of Amitabh in varied roles could also do with the fact that the taste of the Hindi film viewing audience is changing.

It is a fact that the preferences of Hindi film viewers are changing and this too contributes to the acceptance of Amitabh in varied roles.

Please explain the highlighed ones.

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: could also do with the fact

Anglika's paraphrase paid the original the compliment of glossing over an error.
    "And the acceptance of Amitabh in varied roles could also have [something] to do with the fact that the taste of the Hindi film viewing audience is changing."

b