here are my suggestions. do ask questions if unclear.Posteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:56:50 GMT-0700', 'June 20, 2007 12:56 PM')+''); June 20, 2007 12:56 PM June 20, 2007 12:56 PM
Could someone go through this notice which will be put up at our Buddhist temple and correct any errors. I'm sorry that it is a bit lengthy, but as it a notice, I would like to have a grammatically correct notice. Your assistance is deeply appreciated.
Basic Attitudes (Codes of Behaviour?) at Kaimyo Propagation Centre
1) The Main Hall and the Reception Hall are places where our Gohonzon is enshrined. Therefore, we must pay attention to our attire, behaviour and remarks. Also, we must not forget to wear socks whenever we enter the Main and the Reception Hall.
2) During Kosenrufu daimoku chanting, Oko ceremony and Friday daimoku chanting, no ‘high’ chairs is are allowed in the Main Hall. Those who need to sit on chairs, please (kindly) attend the sessions at the Reception Hall.
3) Believers have to switch (turn??) off their mobile phones or set them to silent mode during Gongyo and ceremonies. Do not talk over (on) the handphone during Gongyo or ceremonies.
4) Believers should refrain from chit-chatting (chitchatting) in the Main Hall.
5) When believers wish to shakubuku new members and give encouragement to other believers or discuss something after daimoku chanting, they should proceed to use the glass door (glassdoor) rooms in the Reception Hall after morning Gongyo or before evening Gongyo starts, so as not to disturb other believers who want to continue chanting in the Main Hall. If members wish to use the glass door rooms in the Reception Hall, please apply at the reception counter. (only applicable to day time / only by day)
6) Believers should not take naps, read newspapers/books, give milk to (feed?) babies or drink water in the Main Hall. Strictly no consumption of food in the Main Hall.
7) Believers who want to sit at the front (row) (or: in the front row) in the Main Hall must not perform Gongyo or daimoku loudly, as it (lest this might disturb...) will disturb and interrupt the Chief Priest’s prayer to the Gohonzon.
8) Believers have to follow the pace (proceed at the same pace and rhythm as the person...) and rhythm of the person leading the chanting or the drum beat. They must not do Gongyo or daimoku at their own pace.
9) The basic posture of doing Gongyo and daimoku is to kneel on the floor. Please do not start Gongyo by sitting down comfortably. Try to kneel as long as you can, and switch to sitting position only when you cannot endure the pain of (from) kneeling.
10) Parents must be responsible for their children’s behaviour in the Main Hall. They have to ensure that their children do not disturb other believers, whether it is on the second or third floor. When the ushers ask the (direct parents to the third floor) parents to go to the third floor, please understand and follow the instructions.
11) When your children fall asleep, please ensure that their feet do not point towards the Gohonzon.
12) During morning and evening Gongyo at PC, please sit near the Gohonzon. When sitting, please try to sit (please do so ) in rows in an orderly manner.
13) We should try to do Gongyo and daimoku with the spirit of itai-doshin between the priesthood and laity. When believers are scattered around the Main Hall when doing Gongyo or daimoku, it is very difficult to create the itai-doshin spirit. But if believers sit side by side and perform Gongyo together, they can help create the itai-doshin atmosphere.
14) Believers should enter the Main Hall (at least) 3 or (to) 5 minutes before Gongyo or daimoku chanting starts, and wait for the Chief Priest to arrive for the ceremony. Do not waste time chit-chatting at the reception area.
15) Believers who have to leave PC before Gongyo, chanting or ceremony ends should sit at the back rows and leave quietly. (at the rear / in the back rows)
16) Believers should not use staircase 2 except when there is (during) Kosenrufu chanting session, Friday daimoku chanting session or Oko ceremony.
17) Strictly follow the instructions given by the ushers.
18) Do not keep personal belongings in the PC. Do not keep your stools in the electrical box, at corners or near the fire exit.
19) Rubbish such as tissue papers has to (must) be disposed of properly. Let us keep our PC clean.
20) Please arrange the sandals in the toilet in an orderly manner.
21) Do not put up any poster on the notice board (bulletin board?) without the approval of the Chief Priest.
22) No business transaction is allowed in (on) the premises of the PC. Do not distribute business cards for private business.
23) Borrowing and lending of money among believers is strictly prohibited.
24) Do not park your car in front of the garage at all (any) times.
25) Believers who use stools which are more than 20cm high must sit at the back (rear) of the Main Hall.
Posts: 45 | Registered
- For Teachers