Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I learn English the language I hate

Quote Originally Posted by zhengrong View Post
    Frankly, I hate English! What a language this is? Most of words in English contain several or even many meanings. Facility, for example, while I check dictionary, there are so many meaning whose are totally irrelevant, which could be easy, simple, dexterity, proficiency, convenient, agility, equipment and tool! So many words each containing ikla meaning combined in Facility.
    Then, Right, for example, also means power, justice, and a direction.
    Whereas in my language, each word contain one meaning, even if there are more than one, whose are relevant.

But I like to learn English, not like the language, because although my English is really poor, yes I know how bad my English it is while I speak English to English, they always understand what I want to express. When I ask them how do they feel my English, they always say "your English is good, even better than students in Englsih country". Wow my God, that makes me feeling better I like the language when I use it anyone can understand. Making others understand me, that is a language fundamentally working for I think.
    The English as a language to me is an amazing tool, looks like everyone can use it in own way. This is the most open language compare with others I guess.

Some one says English is a necessary tool. I agree with him saying this, but since so many translators in this world, I think if I want to know what are some English saying or writing, I can use translator, so I don't want to make learning English so utilitariant, I come here learn English just for fun, for practising. Sadly my family has no money to provide me go to college, my parents are not speaking English, so my circumstances are not good for learning English thnks to internet, I found this forum that is a good platform for my purpose. Maybe you will come to help me? I wish.
    Good day to you my friend! Your corrrect its hard for me also to understand english, but we must need to know, to speak, and to understand english. Because you know english skills is a requirements when you are applying a job. We need also a time to learn english, we need timw to practice our english skills, other sudjest me to watch movie and listening english song even we must need to speak english when you are in your home. Avoid using your mother tounge. Just always practice your english time to time. maybe we can help each other for better result. Keep in touch always my friend. I'll wait for your reply.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But I like to learn English, not like the language, because although my English is really poor, yes I know how bad my English it is while I speak English to English, they always understand what I want to express. When I ask them how do they feel my English, they always say "your English is good, even better than students in Englsih country". Wow my God, that makes me feeling better I like the language when I use it anyone can understand. Making others understand me, that is a language fundamentally working for I think.
    I like to learn English even though I don't like the language. When I speak English to English-speaking foreigners they always understand me. When I ask them what they think about my English they always say, "Your English is good--even better than students in England." Wow! My God, that makes me feel better. I like it that when I use the language people can understand me. When I can make others understand me when using a language then I know I am successful.

~R

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some one says English is a necessary tool. I agree with him saying this, but since so many translators in this world, I think if I want to know what are some English saying or writing, I can use translator, so I don't want to make learning English so utilitariant, I come here learn English just for fun, for practising. Sadly my family has no money to provide me go to college, my parents are not speaking English, so my circumstances are not good for learning English thnks to internet, I found this forum that is a good platform for my purpose. Maybe you will come to help me? I wish.
    Someone said English is a necessary tool. I agree with that, but since there are so many translators in the world I think that if I want to know some English saying or writing that I can use a translator. So I don't make learning English a very high priority.

I come here to learn English just for fun, to practice. Sadly, my family has no money for me to go to college, and my parents do not speak English. So my circumstances are not good for learning English.

Thanks to the Internet, I found this forum that is a good platform for my purpose. Maybe you will help me. I hope so.
    ~R

blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Why I learn English the language I hate

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy24 View Post
    hello! are you filipino? im a filipino but im presently residing now here in saudi arabia. you know i am very impress and proud to all people who can speak fluently in english. i admit that im not good in english thats why i want to im prove my english skills. can you help me on this? i am desperate to learn more in english. please help me, give me some tips on how to developed my ability to speak english. you know, everytime im talking to my boss i always get nervous because sometimes i do not know how to response on his question. i cannot expressed my self in terms of speaking in englis. please help me. thank you!!!
    Yes, I'm Filipino! So how long have you been in Saudi Arabia?

I think you don't need to be nervous while talking to your boss in English. Anyway, you're not talking to him because you would like to show off your English skill but to communicate , perhaps, about your work... So you don't need to be afraid to show your skills. English here is just a medium of communication that you may voice what you're doing at work....

I think you just need practice and you will have a lot of that since you're in a place where you need to use English all the time. You're not fluent in Arabic too, are you?
    Learn some expressions, start from the most common to the advanced expressions.... Learn a new expression everyday, What you can't say in English today, think of it and try to learn it for you to be able to speak the next time....

All the best kababayan!!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5