Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Food!!!

  1. #1
    blouen's Avatar
    blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Food!!!

    What are the foods in your country?

    In the Philippines, the most common I guess is the adobo and tinola.

    Adobo - is commonly made of chicken, others use pork, still others mix both making it a chicken-pork adobo. It's simmered in oil,vinegar, and soy sauce until the soy sauce and vinegar is almost completely absorbed and the oil remains to fry the meat a bit. Others put garlic and onions in it, too.

    Tinola - Making tinola, chicken, I saute the meat with onions and garlic, I sometimes add tomato, then add water after, season it with salt add papaya and some pepper leaves.

    How about your country's foods....

  2. #2
    Fleur de mort Guest

    Thumbs up Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    What are the foods in your country?

    In the Philippines, the most common I guess is the adobo and tinola.

    Adobo - is commonly made of chicken, others use pork, still others mix both making it a chicken-pork adobo. It's simmered in oil,vinegar, and soy sauce until the soy sauce and vinegar is almost completely absorbed and the oil remains to fry the meat a bit. Others put garlic and onions in it, too.

    Tinola - Making tinola, chicken, I saute the meat with onions and garlic, I sometimes add tomato, then add water after, season it with salt add papaya and some pepper leaves.

    How about your country's foods....
    Great

    In yemen all day we eating ( bent al - sahan )



    YEAH BE FAT :)


    and also rice and meat is the better food here


    blouen


    right what I'm listened : in Philippines you are eating the baby ( childrens)?
    Last edited by Fleur de mort; 27-Jun-2007 at 01:56.

  3. #3
    blouen's Avatar
    blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur de mort View Post
    Great

    In yemen all day we eating ( bent al - sahan )



    YEAH BE FAT :)


    and also rice and meat is the better food here


    blouen


    right what I'm listened : in Philippines you are eating the baby ( childrens)?
    baby children? yuck, no way!!! I haven't heard any news about Filipinos eating fetuses or something....

    I could say Filipinos eat this balut, it's duck's egg with a developed chick inside (chick - with little feathers). I guess it's boiled and salted. But now there are new ways of eating balut they bread it with flour and fry it.

    Chicks, baby ducks, never fetuses, baby men.

  4. #4
    Fleur de mort Guest

    Default Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    baby children? yuck, no way!!! I haven't heard any news about Filipinos eating fetuses or something....

    I could say Filipinos eat this balut, it's duck's egg with a developed chick inside (chick - with little feathers). I guess it's boiled and salted. But now there are new ways of eating balut they bread it with flour and fry it.

    Chicks, baby ducks, never fetuses, baby men.
    OMG
    duck's egg with a developed chick inside
    (chick - with little feathers)
    is't delicious?
    i'm never see it before
    but i'm sure I had see some fetuses on TV maybe in japan


  5. #5
    blouen's Avatar
    blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleur de mort View Post


    OMG
    duck's egg with a developed chick inside
    (chick - with little feathers)
    is't delicious?
    i'm never see it before
    but i'm sure I had see some fetuses on TV maybe in japan

    It's delicious, really! but Foreigners are hesitant to eat it. Seems so gross to them at first but when they tasted, they keep asking for more....


    I received an email that people from Japan eats fetuses, I don't somewhat believe it though.

  6. #6
    Tdol is online now Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Food!!!

    The foetus thing is a myth; someone made some fake photographs and put them on the internet. The claim was that restaurants in Taiwan were serving them. It's a complete lie: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Fetus Eaten by Asians

  7. #7
    Tide's Avatar
    Tide is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Food!!!

    Hey! It looks deletious! what if I could tast it !

  8. #8
    blouen's Avatar
    blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    The foetus thing is a myth; someone made some fake photographs and put them on the internet. The claim was that restaurants in Taiwan were serving them. It's a complete lie: Urban Legends Reference Pages: Fetus Eaten by Asians
    I think so! Would you take a bite if it would be served to you?

    What's your country's food?

  9. #9
    Tdol is online now Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    I think so! Would you take a bite if it would be served to you?
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by blouen View Post
    What's your country's food?
    I'm living in Cambodia, where they have the same eggs as you described, but prahok is the food I'd name- it's a fermented fish paste that they use to flavour things here.

  10. #10
    blouen's Avatar
    blouen is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink Re: Food!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post



    I'm living in Cambodia, where they have the same eggs as you described

    Have you eaten the eggs (balut)? It's really good, I could eat about 5 eggs....

    What's your country's main food?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2007, 06:45
  2. food or foods?
    By bosun in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30-Jul-2006, 22:47
  3. 6 - food, eating
    By Lenka in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 18-Mar-2006, 11:44
  4. food shortage vs. food shortageS
    By peteryoung in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Jul-2005, 05:31
  5. SURVEY: How do you think of GM food?
    By whisper in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-Sep-2004, 13:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •