JuanCarlos is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default watchmen: ┐novel or graphic novel?

I'm reading a comic book titled Watchmen. I knew that this is a classic comic book and I had read a lot of good critics about it. And the true is that I like it very, very much: for me, it has a very good scriptplay (written by Alan Moore, the same scriptplayer of both the comic and the film V for Vendetta) and also a very good drawings (in a very classical style but, I think, very, very, cool). It has nothing to do with the comic books which speak about superheroes in a simple and typical way. On the contrary, it speaks of superheroes in a way, how to say it, more adult; I would day in more novelist way. Definitely, I recommend it to you.

My question is: what do you think about comic books? That is, comic books are only for children or do you think that they are an adult way of artistic expression and aimed to everybody?

I have been writting in my blog (writed in spanish) about these things. Just in case you want to read it, I left you the adress of web:

http://www.lasciateognesperanza.blogspot.com/

I would be very, very glad if you visit it and comment me whatever you want (in the blog appears my e-mail; of course you can write me whenever you want).

Best wishes from Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)

Joan Carles.

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: watchmen: ┐novel or graphic novel?

Maus won a Pullitzer prize, so the form is being taken much more seriously nowadays.