Thread: Assignment

praful is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Assignment

Hello,

I am preparing for TEFL certificate, I have send my assgnment more than 3 times still they are returning back with note "proof read more"

At this stage I don't even know what more to correct ? I have scan the assignment through spell check, Grammar Check and complete text check software and it is coming out "ok " !!

I will aappreciate if you let me know where to find help or software or person who can help me to rectify my mistakes in assignment.

Thanks

Sincerely

Praful Parikh

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Assignment

Welcome to the fourm.

I hesitate to suggest posting on one of the forums. Perhaps post a couple of paragraphs so someone can see what you are doing wrong.

However, some suggestions: First, try reading it aloud to someone. Often doing that will show up errors of syntax/grammar. Second, make sure your capitalizations are correct. Third, make sure your tenses agree and that your pluralizations agree with the verbs.

Grammar/spell checks often cannot identify as wrong the misuse of words - if a word is spelled correctly, it will be shown as correct but be the wrong word in the context.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, Praful Parikh.

I agree with Anglika's advice to you. Post a paragraph, just one, so that we can see where it is your writing needs adjustments.

Please note, we do not do assignment related work, but we will guide you through towards understanding where you can improve in your writing.

All the best

MikeCollins is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Praful Parikh

TEFL certificate

Grammar and spell check will only correct/point out some things.

Without seeing the assignment I could not say what is wrong.

post assignment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCollins View Post
    Without seeing the assignment I could not say what is wrong.

post assignment.
    Please be reminded, we do not do or correct assignment related work, including assessment tests.

praful is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Welcome to the fourm.

I hesitate to suggest posting on one of the forums. Perhaps post a couple of paragraphs so someone can see what you are doing wrong.

However, some suggestions: First, try reading it aloud to someone. Often doing that will show up errors of syntax/grammar. Second, make sure your capitalizations are correct. Third, make sure your tenses agree and that your pluralizations agree with the verbs.

Grammar/spell checks often cannot identify as wrong the misuse of words - if a word is spelled correctly, it will be shown as correct but be the wrong word in the context.
    Thanks,

I am NOT asking for correct my assignment but I want to know what am I doing wrong ? which area I should proof read ? etc.
    Any help will be appreciated .
    Thanks again

Praful Parikh
    EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead

praful is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Welcome to the fourm.

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am NOT expacting to recorrect my assignment but I want tio know what area should I proof read ? where are my grammar and setense strcture mistakes?

Thanks again
    Praful

My assignment .......

Points To Consider #1

Did you understand the explanation above? Check it against your own grammar
    books* and make sure that it is correct by looking up the rules for using articles.
    After you have read the rules regarding articles, decide if you think this explanation is just right, too difficult, or too easy.

Examples: (Nouns are underlined.):
    The brightly colored birds are from Australia

The drama had a surprise ending

Explanation is just right because it explains when and why to use article “a” “the” and “an” also it explains a function of article.

Points to Consider #6
    Do you think that adults can learn a language like children can? Why or whyNot?

No, children can learn language faster than adult can because,
    Children’s mind is clean, clear and does not have previous knowledge of language, whatever we teach, their mind will grasp very quickly.
    While adult’s mind is familiar with own MT, they take longer time to learn new language.

Points to Consider #5

The exercises above dealt with writing only. Think about how you would give the same group of Post-Beginner students speaking practice using the past simple tense.
    How about reading practice? And listening practice?

When students are familiar with past, we can motivate them by pictures, signs, or fill in the blank method.

Yesterday I …………… cricket (played)
    Last month I work at the gas station. ……… (Worked)
    Few days a go I paint this picture. ……… (Painted)

For listening practice ask them to listen previously recorded tape few times, ask students to speak two examples from the tape they heard.

Part 2 Q1

1 I was writing with red marker today.
    2I will write with red marker yesterday.
    3. I wrote with red marker tomorrow.

Part two, Q 2.

Person is of Indian origin.
    This happens with Indian origin people, their MT is not English, but local language according to their state (Province), where usually all tenses is in present tense.

Sentences can be written with appropriate tense as:

1.I was writing with Red Marker yesterday… (Happened in Past)
    2.I will be writing with red Marker tomorrow… (Will happen in Future)
    3.I am writing with red Marker Today…………… (Happening Today)

Part Two - Question Three

Suggest three or 4 practical activities or exercises you could use in the classroom to
    Help your students overcome the MT influence here and produce correctEnglish. Remember, an Activity is an exercise your students will do in class tohelp them overcome the MT influence - it is not more explanation from theteacher

Excersice #1

Right OR wrong Verb exercise for students………..R= Right, W= Wrong

1.David will learn to write today. --------. R or W……….W
    2.Martha was at school tomorrow…………..W
    3.Jennifer is walked fast yesterday…. W
    4. Victor is speaking very good …… R

Exercise #2

Fill proper verb in following sentences.

1. Darlene ***** enjoying milk shake. (……..is )
    2. Peter ***** running fast. (…….is )
    3. My son **** shopping at Wall Mart yesterday. ………. ( was )
    4. Your mom **** pay fees tomorrow. ………. (will)

Exercise # 3

Ask students to read these sentences
    Past: I was talking to Peter.
    Present: I am talking to Peter.
    Future: I will be talking to Peter.

Write sentences in remaining tense:

Past:
    Present:
    Future: The Library will close soon.

Past:
    Present: Nisha is sitting near the door.
    Future:

Past: Niraj was reading fast.
    Present:
    Future:
    We can give different sentences and ask students to write in either Present-Past or Future

Part Three

This part asks you to put yourself into the position of teacher. You need toexplain to your students a certain grammatical point. Do not forget: you areworking with a Beginners class who probably know very little English, so youneed to be as simple as possible in your explanation. In fact, that is an excellent
    General strategy whatever the level of your class: the simpler you explain, the
    Easier it will be for them to understand.

correctly then she/He may throw a dart for points.